User Avatar Image

Spoiler: Curious What The Name At The End Of Ep5 Means?

posted by Blackphyr on - last edited - Viewed by 893 users
A lot of you might already know this, but for those of you who don't who are curious about the significance of the name at the end of the episode, read below.

[SPOILER]Roy G. Biv was the name of a mnemonic device in the Paranoia RPG put out by West End Games in the 1980s (now available through Mongoose Publishing). It was used to remember the order of colors in the security spectrum in the game which also matched the order of colors in the chromatic scales. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Armed with the fact that this is all the colors of the rainbow, I don't think I need to spell out who Roy G. Biv is.[/spoiler]
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've never heard of this game you're talking about, but the whole ROYGBIV thing is pretty common knowledge.
  • fajerkaos;27532 said:

You couldn't at all have said what that spoiler was about... :mad:
    Don't be angry. You have to use emetics(medicine to vomit/a nauseant) to express your multi-colored happiness :)
  • To express my multi-colored happiness i'm using every kind of smile available...
    :mad: :) :D :rolleyes: ;) :confused: :cool: :eek: :( :o :p

Edit: Hehe, it looks kinda' cool (^^)
  • Sir Lemming;27482 said:
    I've never heard of this game you're talking about, but the whole ROYGBIV thing is pretty common knowledge.
    I agree; I never heard of the rpg. ROYGBIV is used in school all the time and wiki makes no reference of the game, so I doubt it originated from that.

The l in ROYGBlV is because of numberlogy
  • doom saber;27598 said:

The l in ROYGBlV is because of numberlogy
    I thougt it was because of Indigo.... :D

Multicolored Happiness
  • No, the problem is that Isaac Newton, who apparently coined the spectrum we often use, was sometimes a superstitious weirdo. So he thought that by having seven colors it would be "better".

It should really be ROYGBP in my book.

P being purple.
  • Maratanos;27638 said:
    No, the problem is that Isaac Newton, who apparently coined the spectrum we often use, was sometimes a superstitious weirdo. So he thought that by having seven colors it would be "better".

It should really be ROYGBP in my book.

P being purple.
    I don't see how my comment contradict yours since Newton added
    Indigo because of numberlogy; he wanted it to be 7 as in seven days of the week, 7 different planets, etc..
Add Comment