User Avatar Image

Family Guy or The Simpsons?

posted by prizna on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Which show do you prefer?
58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not sure if it's because I've changed, but I don't really find the Simpons as funny as I used to.
  • I admit I use to really like the simpsons, but now I cant stand it.
  • Include Futurama and South Park, that would make it more interesting.
  • Simpsons had a huge drop in quality awhile back, but I've been watching it again recently. It has become a lot better since my absence, it seems.

I don't really mind Family Guy so much as it has kind of fallen into a rut in terms of comedy. It started it really well, but over time it has developed some in-jokes and annoying quirks. For example, Brian's political rants get annoying really fast, because he's just so unfunny.

It can be good, and I still watch it more than other shows, so it's not terrible or anything as far as shut off your brain comedies go. I just prefer Simpsons. More soul to it, I guess. I don't know.
  • I spend too much time in front of the computer to watch TV anymore. My poor game console collection is being neglected. I think I need help.

But anyway, I was never allowed to watch the Simpsons when I was little because my mom hates it. On the other hand, I used to watch Family Guy on Adult Swim every night when I lived in the college dorms for a year. So I suppose I'm biased.

Besides, Futurama is better than both of them.
  • Ne0n;276441 said:
    Include Futurama and South Park, that would make it more interesting.
    yea I guess, but I wanna see wich wins between Family Guy and The Simpsons
  • Ne0n;276441 said:
    Include Futurama and South Park, that would make it more interesting.
    To me, South Park doesn't really compare. Of course, I'm a bit biased, as I have a deep seated hatred for the show. My name is Kenny and South Park came out when I was in fourth grade. You do the math.

Of course, I suppose Futurama doesn't really compare either, other than it being Groening's other show, but I still prefer it over all of the above.
  • Cleveland Show. *hides from the flames*

But really, I can't compare the two. The Simpsons, while not a family-friendly show, has always had a sort of "heart" to it. Family Guy, on the other hand, will go as far as the FCC allows them, and even then they push it just a bit farther. Completely different styles that I like for completely different reasons.

That said, if I had to choose one, it'd be The Simpsons.
Add Comment