User Avatar Image

Hit the Road revisted?

posted by MRN on - last edited - Viewed by 509 users
This has probably been discused here all ready, but ill post it again.

What if Telltale games were to remake Hit the Road with 3D graphics and the new voice actors?

I think it would be a chance for them to earn an extra money and for the people who never got the chance to play Hit the Road, to play it at last.

Toughts?
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OMA;267856 said:
    I doubt that will happen because not only Hit The Road belongs to LucasArts, but now it's Telltale the one that owns the rights to publish Sam & Max games.
    The only way I can see is making an agreement which both companies are satisfied with. They managed to do this with Monkey Island, so why not with Hit The Road?

Although, I don't need it that badly. Adding voice acting to the older games makes more sense to me.
  • Why would they touch the voice acting in a game that already has perfectly good voice acting?

It'd be cool to get the modern port remake thing for various consoles with an art style that resembles Purcell's for all the backgrounds and sprites, but yeah not that big a priority. A straight port/rerelease would be just as well
  • A PS3 release of Hit the Road by LucasArts would make perfect sense!
  • actually, an iPhone release of Hit the Road wouldl be awesome, seeing how I am unwilling to jailbreak my iPod touch just to put on ScummVM
  • A Special Edition with same kind of overhaul as Monkey Island got (as in HD2D, they don't need to redo the voicework) would suit me fine. :D Hopefully they'll do that after they've released MI2.
  • I would love a special edition... if it was 2D and true to Steve's art.... if they went all SoMI:SE and redesigned the characters willy nilly I would probably vomit.
  • Irishmile;276762 said:
    I would love a special edition... if it was 2D and true to Steve's art.... if they went all SoMI:SE and redesigned the characters willy nilly I would probably vomit.
    Oh I wouldn't want a character re-design or anything. Just an awesome less pixellated finish to it all.
  • Why's everyone so keen on these special editions.
    Just enjoy the games the way they are! They're still quite good after all these years you know.
  • Meh for me it's more a case of accessing the games. At least a newly tinkered with product will run on modern systems and is easily found. So yeah, I'd probably buy an untouched re-release too.
  • Hit the Road doesn't need any tweaking, I think the only games that need 'messing' with are the non-talkies.
Add Comment