User Avatar Image

The title of Season Two...

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 584 users
Everybody keeps calling it Tales of Monkey Island season 2, am i the only one who thinks this is stupid?

I really hope they don't just go for that as the name and go for a whole new name.

What do you all think?
37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • corruptbiggins;277987 said:
    I personally think that if Telltale make another Monkey Island season/game then it will be called something other than Tales of Monkey Island 2: yaddah, yaddah because the way I see it, Tales is called that because it reinforces the idea of episodic gaming. Ok so there's one overall arcing story but it's made up of 5 tales.
    Yeah, I guess it would sound a little stupid. Tales of Monkey Island 2: Subtitle, Episode 1: Something-something. Just a little bit of a mouthful.
    corruptbiggins;277987 said:
    So I would think any potential Telltale sequel will have a similar type of name like Adventures in/of/on Monkey Island or Mysteries of Monkey Island. Something like that anyway.
    I think I like this one the best.
  • haydenwce27;277993 said:
    Yeah, I guess it would sound a little stupid. Tales of Monkey Island 2: Subtitle, Episode 1: Something-something. Just a little bit of a mouthful.
    You realise it's that way for the other games, right?

Like Sam and Max Season Two: Beyond Time and Space: Episode One: Ice Station Santa.

I hear one of the Strong Bad Episode is much much worse, and this one only had one season.

Anyway, I don't think each episode is a tale. They clearly called them chapters. As far as I'm concerned it's just one tale. I'd be perfectly fine with the next season being called something completely different, but it would make sense to me that it would be called Tales of Monkey island again. And yes, the first season would need a subtitle.
    But the first two seasons of Sam and Max didn't have a title at first either. That came later. So it might still happen.
  • Actually, I think the five episodes is not properly standalone enough for it to be called Tales of Monkey Island. If that was the case, nearly every game in the series could have had that name. It just doesn't fit, if it's changed to something else than Tales of Monkey Island now. Tales consists of one long tale, not many short ones with an overall arcing story. It really isn't made up of five tales at all. Every game in the series had a somewhat "cliffhanger" ending after each chapter/part. They're no different from Tales.

I think Tales is a very fitting name for a series of seasons. Tales of Monkey Island doesn't really say ANYTHING with its title. All the other games do. There's a Secret in SoMI, LeChuck is after revenge in MI2, there's the Curse in CMI and in EMI you end up having to escape. Tales however doesn't reveal anything at all about the plot.
  • avistew;277998 said:
    You realise it's that way for the other games, right?

Like Sam and Max Season Two: Beyond Time and Space: Episode One: Ice Station Santa.

I hear one of the Strong Bad Episode is much much worse, and this one only had one season.

Anyway, I don't think each episode is a tale. They clearly called them chapters. As far as I'm concerned it's just one tale. I'd be perfectly fine with the next season being called something completely different, but it would make sense to me that it would be called Tales of Monkey island again. And yes, the first season would need a subtitle.
    But the first two seasons of Sam and Max didn't have a title at first either. That came later. So it might still happen.
    Yeah, I guess it isn't that bad now that I think about it. And plus, all of the other MI games' chapters had titles (and some really long ones too), so yeah, why not have a title and a sub-title for the season?
  • shovell;277724 said:
    I don't mind what they call it as long as they make it :)
    Indeed. I would really worry if LucasArts were going to make it, considering the mess-ups with SMI:SE (unfinished background art, GB's hair, wrong inflection in voice acting, terrible narrator voice, out of place music style...)

GuruGuru214;277852 said:
    Tales of Monkey Island 2: The Sixth Installment in the Canonical Monkey Island Storyline Which Does Not Follow Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island 3 Because The Curse of Monkey Island is the Only Monkey Island 3 and Even Ron Gilbert is Uninterested in Creating "His" Monkey Island 3 But Certain Monkey Island Fans Won't Just Let it Go
    For the win, sir.
  • haydenwce27;277984 said:
    Bit late now, the box and everything is already completed.
    The Sam & Max Season 1 & 2 DVDs that don't have "Save the World" or "Beyond Time and Space" on them disagree with you.

Which makes me wonder how Telltale plans to make the Season 3 DVD cover match the other two seasons and incorporate the extra title.
  • LuigiHann;277865 said:
    "More Tales of Monkey Island" seems too perfect to not use, in my opinion
    Nah, make that "Further Tales of Monkey Island" - "More" has been used too much and is now on a cooldown timer that goes for another year or two... ;)

np: OK Go - While You Were Asleep (Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky)
  • Actually, just calling the first "season" Tales of Monkey Island is sufficient in my opinion. It would be like the Secret of Monkey Island and the Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, with only the sequel having the subtitle.

So, by having Tales of Monkey Island and Tales of Monkey Island 2: , it wouldn't be all that bad.
  • LeChuck's Revenge wasnt called "Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge" it was just "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge"
  • StarEye;278000 said:

I think Tales is a very fitting name for a series of seasons. Tales of Monkey Island doesn't really say ANYTHING with its title. All the other games do. There's a Secret in SoMI, LeChuck is after revenge in MI2, there's the Curse in CMI and in EMI you end up having to escape. Tales however doesn't reveal anything at all about the plot.
    Exactly, it's not as though the Tales games were actually ABOUT some stories that Guybrush heard about Monkey Island. The game itself is a "tale."
Add Comment