User Avatar Image

Q&A With Ryan Jones, Artist

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
Cruising past Ryan's desk, it's hard not to peer over his shoulder and see what he's working on- with his own unique style, he turns Telltale's dreams into visual inspiration, and sets the stage for how our games play out.

TODAY, that's Friday 3/26 from 3-4pm PST, we're gonna have him in here to do a Q&A and release some new concept art for you guys! Got any questions for him? The place is here, the time is now! Bring it on.
97 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    NOOOOOO! I answered all the questions.. then it pooped all over me... I'm going to answer one at a time now.
  • Ry Guy;278686 said:
    NOOOOOO! I answered all the questions.. then it pooped all over me... I'm going to answer one at a time now.
    I like to write big posts in a text editor to prevent that from happening.
    I'm sorry for the loss of your blog post. I hate when that happens.
  • LOL I hate it when that happens
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    good idea! I'll do that now.. man. Incompetent me.
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    while i'm actually responding slowly due to the idiocy of myself.. here's some concept art!

[ATTACH]1268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1270[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1272[/ATTACH]
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    billboards! keep an eye out for em in the game.
    [ATTACH]1273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1274[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1275[/ATTACH]
  • Wow, great stuff :eek:
  • Haha, oh wow, those are hilarious. And I love angry Sam, I can't wait to see him like that ingame. Is all this art for the first episode (well, except for that Tomb of Sammun Mak-one...)?

Oh, and if Telltale ever starts producing action figures, they have to do one of that crazy flying uni-T-rex thing.
  • Wow that is all just awsome!! :eek: I especially love the 'noir' Sam, he looks like he's been taking lessons from Flint Paper. I've got to say Ryan you've outdone yourself. :cool:
  • Awesome!

And why didn't you post that earlier?! I already put plush Sam's jacket on and he totally doesn't have a gun holster under there.
    Oh well, the jacket isn't removable anyway. We'll just pretend it's there.

I love them all, you're wonderfully talented, and not, as you said (I quote) "incompetent". You're actually the opposite: unincompetent. (Really, it's "competent"? Oh, okay then) I mean "competent" of course.
Add Comment