User Avatar Image

Which is the best Monkey Island game so far?

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 13.2K users
Since Tales of Monkey Island is now complete and can be viewed as a full 5th game i was curious what everyones opinion is on their favourite monkey island game so far?
86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • plrichard;277623 said:
    LeChuck's Revenge took everything that was great about SoMI and made it better.
    This.
  • StarEye;278436 said:
    I'm really surprised by the the votes for ToMI. Is this the first Monkey Island game for many of you? If so, I can easily understand not putting SoMI or MI2 as favourites, maybe even CMI. It's hard to get into a game that looks dated, and even if you do, it's rarely comparable to playing it when it was new.
    Or different tastes. MI2 has a sudden spike in difficulty that I dislike, for example.
  • Unless you're on easy mode. Which is too short, granted.
  • Kroms;278909 said:
    Or different tastes. MI2 has a sudden spike in difficulty that I dislike, for example.
    Of course, but you didn't really answer my question either :D.
  • For me Mi2 and Tomi in the same way. Older does'nt means better. Mi2 was legend, but Tomi made some courageus chooses and brilliant ideas that made it one of the best MI chapters ever.
  • Tales is my fave Monkey island game I love the drama and storylines and puzzles
  • I really want to give Escape from Monkey Island a pity vote, because I know that there will be a thread identical to this one within a few weeks time.

Edit: Yep, voted for Escape. It's definitely not my favourite of the MI games, but it's copped way too much criticism for such a good game.
  • Pity votes are lame, just vote for your real favorite! :|

LeChuck's Revenge 4ever.
  • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge is the best game. I was so scared of Captain Dread when I was little. (Don't ask me why.) And the ending was exciting, when LeChuck chased Guybrush with that voodoo doll.

But I love all the games! The Curse of Monkey Island is brilliant, blabla
  • PecanBlue;278960 said:
    Pity votes are lame, just vote for your real favorite! :|

LeChuck's Revenge 4ever.
    I usually would just vote for my favourite, but there's been so many of these threads that I just feel like voting for something else. I also wanted to prevent anyone from posting "haha! I see Escape only has one vote :D" or something like that.
Add Comment