User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 17.8K users
[center]image[/center]

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.
509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But, I'm saying that because I have the lower price people are more likely to buy mine than Rather Dashing's... Also, $1.5 million is ridiculous for ANY comic book, regardless... even Sam & Max.
  • I remember hemming and hawing about picking up another hardcover. "Hmm. It would be nice to have one I can keep shrinkwrapped. But it might be the only hardcover someone else could have bought, if only I hadn't first."

Then I thought about that little empty space on my bookcase where The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound might have gone.

... Yeah. That kind of cinched it for me.

Still, I don't blame anyone who bought a second copy. Especially for back-up purposes. I mean, barring the high, high unlikeliness of something like this happening again, what were the chances of one being lost to the ages via IED? That's just nuts.

Oh, and The Highway? No one's gonna take your offer seriously so long as Rather Dashing's slightly pricier one gets the sucker lucky buyer a pristine, shrinkwrapped copy of Surfin' the Highway. (Unless, of course, that mint condition has changed since I last checked. At which point I would ... still not take either of your offers! Tee hee.)
  • Do you mean the original or the reprint? I have the original with Steve's autograph in it and a little 81/250 on the first page, whatever the heck that means.
  • questionthemajority;280304 said:
    Do you mean the original or the reprint? I have the original with Steve's autograph in it and a little 81/250 on the first page, whatever the heck that means.
    The reprint. Whatever's up with the number on your edition, it's intriguing (and cool). Unless someone here happens to know offhand, looks like it's time for me to research!
  • light_rises;280056 said:
    Oh, and The Highway? No one's gonna take your offer seriously so long as Rather Dashing's slightly pricier one gets the sucker lucky buyer a pristine, shrinkwrapped copy of Surfin' the Highway.
    It's true! For ONE EXTRA DOLLAR, you get a copy that has NEVER BEEN OPENED by human hands!
  • fine then, what if I sold it for $500 000? Much more reasonable. Im stealing all of Dashing's business!
  • User Avatar Image
    OMA
    I think I never mentioned my Surfin' The Highway copy number is:

Rather geeky number, heh :D
  • Hmm, i'm not sure anymore it shipped on April 16th, i got it around end of April/early May 09.
    The Highway;273407 said:
    When did you get this 1760?
  • 2266 is mine! Muahahaha!
  • OMA;282703 said:
    I think I never mentioned my Surfin' The Highway copy number is:

Rather geeky number, heh :D
    *2^10 hugs* now you owe me something back. Something worth 2^10. Hmmm, where can we find something like that...?
Add Comment