Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Sean claimed that it was actually the other way around than what Telltale stated. He said that Ed was her biological dad and Diana was her step mom. He also confirmed that Clem is biracial. Telltale got it wrong (or retconned it, who knows).

You could try DMing him on twitter...though maybe right now isn't the best time considering recent events.

TheMyth26 posted: »

As a side note, I find it a bit interesting that, in the first source I listed in my reply above, Sean Vanaman refers to Clementin

• Interesting. I feel like I've read that somewhere before (about Diana being Clem's stepmother, that is), but I can't remember where, exactly. Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else (I have horrible memory)

Also, you said Sean confirmed Clementine is biracial. Did he ever mention Clementine's specific racial makeup? We already know she's African American, but I'm curious as to what the other "half" is. I'm wondering if it adds up with what Clementine's voice actress said about Clem being black and Asian.

Graysonn posted: »

Sean claimed that it was actually the other way around than what Telltale stated. He said that Ed was her biological dad and Diana

• edited September 2017

Reaaally think long and hard about that one.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Gabe has a crush and smooches the girl who shares the same model as his sister. Reaaally think long and hard about that one.

• Yeah, trust me. I know.

DabigRG posted: »

Really now?

• edited September 2017

Reaaally think long and hard about that one.

enter image description here

Oh sweet salty christ...

Reaaally think long and hard about that one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• enter image description here

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Reaaally think long and hard about that one. Oh sweet salty christ...

• "911, what is your emergency?"

"I made a boo booooo!"

• edited September 2017

♪Cause, I think you're so good
    And I'm nothing like you♩

Credit to @skoothz

• edited September 2017

Um...

Credit to @Jewfreeus and @fallandir

• this is so sad

♪Cause, I think you're so good And I'm nothing like you♩ Credit to @skoothz

• affection. gross

Um... . Credit to @Jewfreeus and @fallandir

• v

• edited September 2017

Should've known you'd be the one to find a something including the words "Carver and Shower." :lol:

• I wonder how the scene would've made it into the game

Deltino posted: »

It seems that there was a cut version of the end of S1 ep 4 where the group doesn't know that Lee dropped Ben. And take a look at who posted it, too...

• Maybe Gabe plays both chess and checkers?

In Ties that Bind Part 1, Conrad's bar has an unfinished chess game on a table that Javier will comment that he doesn't know how t

• Perhaps. I do like that he seems to have general tabletop games under his hidden depths either way.

Cowman42 posted: »

Maybe Gabe plays both chess and checkers?

• Quite simple, actually-- if you dropped Ben, there'd be an extra scene of Kenny asking where Ben is, and you'd be able to tell him what happened, then it'd continue as normal from there. This would lead to the above scene, or the version we currently have, where he's like "Lee stepped up and did what he had to."

Since it got removed, they just made it default to Kenny telling everyone that Lee left him behind.

Sparkeagle posted: »

I wonder how the scene would've made it into the game

• Sean claimed that it was actually the other way around than what Telltale stated. He said that Ed was her biological dad and Diana was her step mom. He also confirmed that Clem is biracial. Telltale got it wrong (or retconned it, who knows).

He may have just forgotten about it. I mean, it's basically just an offhand comment he made years ago, about something he wasn't that interested in to begin with.

Think about it this way-- would you expect a friend to remember the name of some random underground band that he didn't like 10 years later?

Sean claimed that it was actually the other way around than what Telltale stated. He said that Ed was her biological dad and Diana

• The Carver one isn't really a big surprise, is it? It's implying the scene of him snooping around the cabin went on for longer (checking behind the shower curtains, checking Sarah's room, etc). They probably cut it down so it wouldn't drag on for too long. If you had him going through each individual room for the next 10 minutes, I think it'd start to get a bit silly.

• edited September 2017

I mean, it's basically just an offhand comment he made years ago

It wasn't an offhand comment years ago though, he stated this in a tweet to someone in March this year after the reddit AMA where Telltale brought the subject up. Someone tweeted him to confirm and that was his response.

EDIT: Infact, I just took a look at the reddit ama just now and a TTG member claimed that we knew that Clem's mother is African American but that we didn't know what her father looked like... except for the fact that we actually do, there's a family photo of all of them.

edit2: nevermind, that's where they hinted that Ed wasn't her biological dad. Which is how this whole mess started sigh.

• It wasn't an offhand comment years ago though, he stated this in a tweet to someone in March this year after the reddit AMA where Telltale brought the subject up. Someone tweeted him to confirm and that was his response.

Hold up, I think I might have completely read your post the wrong way. Let's just walk through this again-- so Sean made a comment on this in 2013, then Telltale had that AMA earlier this year, where they said the opposite of what Sean said... then Sean commented on it again to correct Telltale on what he said, right?

I assumed your post meant that Sean contradicted what he said before. And uh...

man, this shit's just starting to confuse me now

I mean, it's basically just an offhand comment he made years ago It wasn't an offhand comment years ago though, he stated

• You got it right. I wish I had saved the screenshot but yeah, Sean was just restating what he said previously.

It wasn't an offhand comment years ago though, he stated this in a tweet to someone in March this year after the reddit AMA where

• They also added him signalling Lee to do from the window.

Quite simple, actually-- if you dropped Ben, there'd be an extra scene of Kenny asking where Ben is, and you'd be able to tell him

• edited September 2017

True. Plus, they specifically had him see Pete's room door close at the last second so he'd know exactly where to look.

Also, the joke was that I posted it not only because I didn't know about it, but also to have it followup "Cuddle Time". :lol:

The Carver one isn't really a big surprise, is it? It's implying the scene of him snooping around the cabin went on for longer (ch

• Carver is bae.

Too bad they cut this off, this whole scene with Carver in the cabin was one of the best in the game.

Should've known you'd be the one to find a something including the words "Carver and Shower."

• Eh, it has some of the better lines from him at least.

fallandir posted: »

Carver is bae. Too bad they cut this off, this whole scene with Carver in the cabin was one of the best in the game.

• "Can I come in"
    "no"
    comes in anyway

Eh, it has some of the better lines from him at least.

• Was this the tweet you read, by any chance? It's a question sent to Sean on March 31, the same day that Telltale's Reddit AMA took place.

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=@vanaman from:AnEvilHag&src=typd

I couldn't find Sean's answer to his/her question, though.

You got it right. I wish I had saved the screenshot but yeah, Sean was just restating what he said previously.

• I'm still pissed about the way Nick died.

• RIP Nick, he was one of the best characters in the whole series.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2017

At last, I can finally disprove a certain nitpick people had with S2.

You remember episode 3, when zombies break into that store with Kenny and Mike? A common complaint I've seen about that part is "How did they get in? There's a fence!" which is followed by "And now the fence is fine again? What gives?" when Clementine goes back outside.

Well, as it would turn out...

There actually isn't anything wrong with this scene. The window they break in through-- the cracked one on the bottom right of the picture-- is outside of the fence. They were supposed to be fortifying the windows, and Kenny... sorta did the exact opposite.

And if anyone's curious, the random blue tiles are objects I haven't textured yet. This is the map, straight from the game files, compiled in 3ds Max. Textures have to be applied by hand, and as you can probably imagine... it's not a quick process.

• Great Fish Mate!

At last, I can finally disprove a certain nitpick people had with S2. You remember episode 3, when zombies break into that stor

• Oh yeah, it's quite the alaskan cod, ain't it

Great Fish Mate!

• edited September 2017

Uh, didn't you prove this back when @marcost3 did his review of the episode?

Not to say that you couldn't/can't reproduce it here and there since it's your point, but still.

At last, I can finally disprove a certain nitpick people had with S2. You remember episode 3, when zombies break into that stor

• Melton23Melton23 Banned
    edited September 2017

Clementine is not mixed race fuckofffuckofffuckofffuckoff

Even after all these years, many people are still unaware that Clementine has long been confirmed to be mixed-race. This was confi

• edited September 2017

Why the hostility? I honestly can't tell if you're serious or trolling, but yes, Clementine is mixed race. Again, this was confirmed by Sean Vanaman himself during a presentation in 2013. I provided the link to the source above.

Melton23 posted: »

Clementine is not mixed race fuckofffuckofffuckofffuckoff

• edited September 2017

Please help with important question: It is about The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (final episode) I purchased from STEAM.

thank you for helping me.

In the final episode the group encounters a helicopter. They are able to swing the helicopter blade in order to get across to the other side . Is there any scenario or strategy here that allows Tripp to survive and get across to the other side?

• No, Tripp will not make it.

Please help with important question: It is about The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (final episode) I purchased from STEAM. than

• There's no response, and even if he was he's lying

Why the hostility? I honestly can't tell if you're serious or trolling, but yes, Clementine is mixed race. Again, this was confirmed by Sean Vanaman himself during a presentation in 2013. I provided the link to the source above.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.