User Avatar Image

No Private forum access.

posted by Derrick on - last edited - Viewed by 515 users
I preordered Monday and still have not received my private forum access info. Or even a order confirmation email with free game code.

I waited a day, emailed support, waited another day, and still nothing. So where I stand now, I will not get private forum access before it it locked down.

The episodes do show in my games, and my email is correct. It does not go to a spam folder, they just have not sent me anything.

I'm still upset at the shafting I received on pre-ordering Monkey Island. Having pre-ordered, I get the limited edition jacket. But wait, anyone ordering the game extras can now get it too. If I want the game extras, it cost me the same as what they pay for the extras. Even though I am supposed to get the jacket for free. So in reality, if I buy the extras, I should get a discount or 2 jackets.

This pre-ordering is becoming a waste of time. I should just wait a year and get it at a lower price. I am leaning towards doing this.
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • GinnyN;287205 said:
    Just checking, did you recieve the confirmation email of the purchase? There's come everything you need. Just scroll down.
    They said they didn't in the part you quoted.
  • avistew;287207 said:
    They said they didn't in the part you quoted.
    I know, but I'm just checking if is a some sort of language abuse. If by any chance he was waiting for a SECOND email with the free game code. Or at least that I understand of that phrase.

    If it's not the case, I'm sorry, but it's the only thing I can think. All my confirmations emails for all the purchases I did in the past appears almost inmediatly, so, If I don't ask for everything I can think off, we will running in circles.
  • GinnyN;287212 said:
    I know, but I'm just checking if is a some sort of language abuse. If by any chance he was waiting for a SECOND email with the free game code. Or at least that I understand of that phrase.
    Pretty much. I did read that they "didn't recieve the e-mail", but I wanted to double-check to make sure it wasn't the same thing.

    And if they didn't get an order confirmation mail, they should check their Spam/Trash folder. Automated messages end up there all the time.

    Another common user error is not checking the e-mail address that is linked to the Telltale account.
  • Yep, like my initial post says:

    1.) I did not receive a confirmation E-mail.

    2.) It is not in my spam folder. I don't have a spam folder for the e-mail I use with TellTale. And yes, I have checked all my other e-mail accounts just in case.

    3.) I still have not heard from customer service.

    4.) Yes, by the time Telltale does anything for me, the private forum will be locked.

    :D

    Thanks.
  • Derrick;287240 said:
    Yep, like my initial post says:

    1.) I did not receive a confirmation E-mail.

    2.) It is not in my spam folder. I don't have a spam folder for the e-mail I use with TellTale. And yes, I have checked all my other e-mail accounts just in case.

    3.) I still have not heard from customer service.

    4.) Yes, by the time Telltale does anything for me, the private forum will be locked.

    :D

    Thanks.
    Okkk... that's weird. Probably there's some kind of problem for preparing the launch of the Penal Zone. It's the only thing I can think of. I hope you recieve the e-mail before the forum thingie got locked.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    light_rises;287201 said:
    This needs to be done differently next time. The way this was handled with ToMI pre-orders -- having you redirected after ordering to a special page that clearly indicated "Click here to get private forum access!" -- was much better. There seemed to be a lot less confusion.
    The ideal way would be to not require any more user interaction then pre-ordering, i.e. if you pre-order you get access to the private forum automatically.

    Maybe that's gonna happen when TTG has it's new web staff and builds the "world-class E-commerce and content site".
  • Do you use Gmail? Their anti-spam catches stuff before it even hits your inbox, and gets added to your spambox.
    Including legit mails sometimes, which could be the case here (S&M!).

    Also, jacket?
  • Hassat Hunter;287285 said:
    Do you use Gmail? Their anti-spam catches stuff before it even hits your inbox, and gets added to your spambox.
    Including legit mails sometimes, which could be the case here (S&M!).
    Per my first and second replies:
    I do not have a spam folder. And no, I do not use Gmail.
    Thanks anyways.
    :D
    Hassat Hunter;287285 said:
    Also, jacket?
    DVD Jacket, sleeve, cover, slipcase, whatever. It was a TOMI bonus for pre-ordering that is now available to all for the same price as those that pre-ordered.
  • I have been p-mailed access to the private forum.

    Now I just await the original confirmation with my free game code, etc.

    Thanks for trying to help folks.
  • All right, got you all set up with the code and forum access, let me know if there's any other troubles!
This discussion has been closed.