User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 9.6K users
Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6
184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • MRN;287384 said:
    ^^None of your damn bussiness!

damn! :p
  • nikasaur;287277 said:
    That's the first batch of questions! We picked out some of the sillier ones for him to answer a bit later so keep your eyes peeled for some more.
    My question isn't silly, is it? :(
  • And mine? I had a lot more then just the one...
  • We only had time to pick out some of the questions from the mix. If you invent more hours in a day, we'd happily offer more questions to be answered therein.
    But likely, people would just want to watch more TV or something.
  • Tv sucks... :(
    So, is this forum gonna be open áfter the release? (Not a question for Steve;))
  • avistew;287241 said:
    That sounds like it would be pretty impractical to drink from, with the ears getting in the way and whatnot.
    I dunno. Maybe one of his ears contains a straw? :p
  • People will be able to see it, but likely no more Q&A will be done unless we're feeling fiesty. Or we could keep it going!
  • If I had known that I would have just asked Ernie and Suda questions, since that's what I cared about learning about the most. Oh well, it was nice of Steve to take the time to answer our questions, as I'm sure he's a pretty busy dude. So I'll be content.
  • Steve Purcell;287265 said:
    Rats in the comics started turning up as part of my way of staying interested in the tedious inking process. Most of the background gags and the rats and roaches were added while inking comics pages to keep me interested. At one point Also at one point I had a pet rat named Ernie who wound up inspiring the character of Suda's partner in "Toybox."
    The rats are definitely one of my favorite aspects of Sam and Max. They're like the doodles in the margins of MAD magazine and play out their own little perverse version of the city overhead.

But then again, the hard drinking chain smoking pigeons are a close second.
  • nikasaur;287519 said:
    We only had time to pick out some of the questions from the mix. If you invent more hours in a day, we'd happily offer more questions to be answered therein.
    But likely, people would just want to watch more TV or something.
    Oh! Oh! I'll invent more hours in a day!

As soon as this show's over...
This discussion has been closed.