User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Penal Zone discussion!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users

It's here, so, new thread! For the old discussion look here.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The Penal Zone

Trailer and stuff on the official site

Here's the official spiel: "The new season Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is the biggest, strangest and most epic to date. As the saga begins, an otherworldy power for controlling matter and space calls to the strongest and strangest who might wield it - intergalactic warlords and eldritch gods, under-dwellers and scholars of the arcane.

Gaming's greatest dog and rabbit sleuths Sam & Max seek the power's ancient secrets, as Max gains shape shifting, teleportation, mind reading and future vision abilities for battling these foes. The saga plays out in a surreal 5 month-long symphony of mayhem that gets deeper and more twisted with each episode."

So it's out, and you guys are probably downloading or playing it! What do you think? Let's ruminate on the Penal Zone together!

Haven't played it yet? We're also rounding up some reviews over in this thread.
301 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • At this point, the thing I love the most is Max's semi-eyebrows.
  • is the ps3 version release ?
  • User Avatar Image
    MRN
    ^^ Yep, at least in the EU PSN store
  • well, it's looking good sofar.

BUT

why can't I click on the ground where I want Max to go ? WHY OH WHY
    monkey island had the most retarded control scheme and now Sam and Max features a little less retarded one but still. this is no action game. characters don't have to be steered like drunken sailors. Why remove a good thing. Game Design doesn't mean that you have to change stuff that works. it's the other way around.

also, please, keep it down with the constant advertising, I can't even close the game without getting a time-delayed "CLICK HERE" window. but that's a minor gripe. making a sub-par control scheme in the year 2010 after the monkey island catastrophy, is NOT
  • ^

You can only control sam ..
  • way is the ps3 v up on EU psn and its has a is on 1.1 of the game way the us psn dose not have it wat not I wont thes game now come TT =.(
  • OK, I played through Act One. Loving the game so far - looks great, music is fantastic, the controls are handy, and the Sam&Max humour is back for good. Wicked awesome :cool:
  • ^

Are you playing the game in the ps3 ?

because the controls are different ..
  • Dead Man;288299 said:
    ^

Are you playing the game in the ps3 ?

because the controls are different ..
    Okay, firstly, quote button = friend.

Secondly, the PC version has different controls too.
  • mothra;288246 said:
    well, it's looking good sofar.

BUT

why can't I click on the ground where I want Max to go ? WHY OH WHY
    monkey island had the most retarded control scheme and now Sam and Max features a little less retarded one but still. this is no action game. characters don't have to be steered like drunken sailors. Why remove a good thing. Game Design doesn't mean that you have to change stuff that works. it's the other way around.

also, please, keep it down with the constant advertising, I can't even close the game without getting a time-delayed "CLICK HERE" window. but that's a minor gripe. making a sub-par control scheme in the year 2010 after the monkey island catastrophy, is NOT
    i couldn't have said it better and totally agree!
Add Comment