User Avatar Image

Unofficial Devil's Playhouse Main Titles Appreciation Thread

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 960 users
I think the credits team (can't remember exactly who, ironically) did an outstanding job this time out with the Main Titles. Callbacks and subtle hints galore!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBa5miHaKc0
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks for putting up the video! I was about to replay the game just to watch it.
  • Just curious, but what happened to the sepia toned pull-back on the end of the opening credits? (16:30 on this video)
  • Double thanks for uploading the video! I knew I had missed a lot of small background elements, and I wanted to go through and stop it at a few points. Fun stuff! And some REALLY nice character animation, too!
  • Avel;289089 said:
    Just curious, but what happened to the sepia toned pull-back on the end of the opening credits? (16:30 on this video)
    I've gotta admit, I like that version better than the one in the actual credits.

Still, the rest of the credits is awesome.
  • If I have any complaints about the opening, it's that there's so many objects presented so quickly, it's impossible to take them all in. Of course, that just means that you notice something new every time you watch it.

Speaking of which, the Sammun-Mak brochure(?) was a nice touch.
  • I think that might be my favourite opening for anything ever.

Or I'm overreacting slightly because Sam and Max are in it, but it's still amazing.
  • I actually think that it beats the Simpsons opening.
  • Avel;289089 said:
    16:30 on this video)
    Does anyone have another link for that vid?
    Apparently Q-bomb never heard of pre-loading, and I am not really looking forward to pauses each 5 second loading new stuff.
    And when clicking 'low' to get faster streaming that doesn't work, so that's no option either *sigh*.
  • That is awesome, especially the bit where the duo and Flint Paper shooting.
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff
    Randulf;289438 said:
    That is awesome, especially the bit where the duo and Flint Paper shooting.
    that's the first shot i did. probably took the longest... there's actually about 2-3 seconds of footage before and after what you see in game. plus all the zombie carnage you can't see on the peripherals. hmm... maybe i'll upload that
Add Comment