User Avatar Image

Why is In-Store DVD-ROM different?

posted by cringer on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users
To Telltale,

Why is the DVD you sent to customers DIFFERENT than then the version that is in stores? I was told the in-store version DOES NOT require online activation. WHY would you send customers a different disc?? This is HIGHLY annoying.
62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ah, the good old times, where I would stack up dongle after dongle of all the graphic apps I was using... no, wait, those weren't GOOD times!
  • i agree. what really grinds my gears is that it isn't even a hybrid disc like they did with sam and max and strong bad. i hope they did a better job with monkey island.
  • Gibbeynator;274252 said:
    Online activation is certainly disheartening to hear. Still, the disc is free. Just lump it in to a purchase of some other fine Telltale products and pretend it's a bargain.
    yeah it's free, but it's just sitting there on the shelf not being used. all the videos would've been better viewed if the dvd was a hybrid disc like all your other dvds. the shorts i have saved on my computer and i'm not even using the disc to play the game but i don't need it at all. as much as i love telltale games, i have to say i am disappointed. god i hope it doesn't feel like this when i have children
  • Gibbeynator;274252 said:
    Online activation is certainly disheartening to hear. Still, the disc is free. Just lump it in to a purchase of some other fine Telltale products and pretend it's a bargain.
    Even with free shipping, the value of the DVD will still count towards the duty free limit, so it's always better to save my free shipping for something actually worth getting. Let's hope this is a one time blunder on Telltale games' part.
  • The "value of the DVD" is $1 or less though... so it should be really odd if that's the push it takes to go over the limit...
  • Hassat Hunter;287917 said:
    The "value of the DVD" is $1 or less though... so it should be really odd if that's the push it takes to go over the limit...
    I thought it was $20 or something?
  • Actually, just checked my W&G packaging (still have it 0_0), and it isn't even included at all, just the cost of the Freelance Police DVD I bought, and that's it.
  • Just found out about this since I didn't check the DVD after receiving it. That being said, I would cancel my future DVD orders if they happen to be the same. I don't mind DRM but online activation is pretty much a long-term rental.
  • The ToMI DVD wont have online activation...

S&M3 is too much in the future to give anything concrete...
Add Comment