User Avatar Image

LucasArts Declares Dedication to Innovation

posted by IronCladChicken on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
Ripping pretty much wholesale from the IGN Article of the same name

'LucasArts had seen a lot of success establishing new IPs in the 90s, but as of late the company has sort of "lost it." In particular, he wants his company to be known for more than just Star Wars and Indiana Jones. These are very profitable franchises, though, so moving forward, its priorities will be Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and new IPs.'

Can anyone else say opportunistic business move?

Is is me, or since the release & success of the Will has 'innovative' become to the video game industry the kind of buzzword that 'Green' & 'environmentally friendly' are to, well, pretty much every other consumer facing business at the moment?

:D
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LucasArts is just a bigwig company now. They smell money elsewhere with the success of Season 1 and now realize how stupid they are.
  • AdamG;29120 said:
    LucasArts is just a bigwig company now. They smell money elsewhere with the success of Season 1 and now realize how stupid they are.
    I could be sad for the loss of Freelance Police, Full Throttle 2 and possibly further (worthy) Monkey Island sequels, but I think I'm rather sad about the loss of the old LucasArts (LucasFilm?). Probably a victim of their own success. :(
  • I dont know how that guy takes him seriously.. when they cancelled freelance police I promised myself never to buy another LucasArts product.. we are so interesting in new IPs we cancel them just before release!
  • As much as I love Full Throttle, Hell on Wheels was looking horrible. The trailer was the only good thing to come of it.
  • ... And now I'm waiting for the flying pigs.

I know they will come :(
  • I hope they remember certain old IPs too. And bribe Ron Gilbert back onto the team.
  • I find it ironic that when George was making episode 4 of his SW film, he stated that how he hates bigwig corporation and wants his movies indenpendant from the controls of big companies. Guess he really wanted to be in control of things rather than making indie movies. Hypthocrit
  • Isn't 'being in control' what indie movies are about?

--Erwin
  • User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff
    Erwin;29274 said:
    Isn't 'being in control' what indie movies are about?

--Erwin
    Yeah, but he pretty became what he was trying to protect himself from: a bottom-line control freak who won't listen to anyone.
  • Ah, Lucasarts finally wakes up to the fact that they haven't made anything remotely interesting or high quality in ages and most gamers with functional long-term memory hate them.

I guess it took the end of Star Wars to get to this.
Add Comment