User Avatar Image

LeChuck's Revenge SE Cover Discussion

posted by PariahKing on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users
It needed to be done.
190 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The new cover art looks good. It's faithful to the original and it shows off the new art scheme.

They couldn't have done it any differently lol.
  • MonkeyMania;295557 said:
    There's no massive clump of feathers sticking out of LeChuck's hat either.

Edit: Speaking of the feather, am I the only one that looks like a crow crash-landed inside his hat?

Edit 2: Was that intended? Because I'm sure I see a beak and an eye, and it is clearly a dead bird in the following piece of concept by Steve Purcell:

• Yeah, I don't think the dead crow in his hat has ever been explained to me. But I like it.
  • Thriftweed Fancy Pants;296280 said:
    Yeah, I don't think the dead crow in his hat has ever been explained to me. But I like it.
    As do I, it just reflects LeChuck's (for want of better words) unfanciness, filthiness, carelessness and ruthlessness perfectly.
  • Hayden;296276 said:
    Was that intended?
    Have you actually read the blog-post?
    Steve Purcell said:
    Here, of course, is the comp for the final LeChuck's Revenge painting. Looks like I hadn't yet thought of the idea of the dead bird plume and what is Elaine doing there besides looking like a man? It appears I reversed the values of the clouds and sky for additional eeriness and tried punching up the phoney baloney lighting on the figures. All in all a handy exercise I guess.
    So it was something Purcell thought up after the concept. (or someone else did, but I doubt it was accidentally painted in ;) )
  • Laserschwert;296285 said:
    Have you actually read the blog-post?

So it was something Purcell thought up after the concept. (or someone else did, but I doubt it was accidentally painted in ;) )
    Ah, thanks. For what it's worth, I prettymuch always read the blog post of a piece of artwork, but in this case I did not.
  • Giant Tope;295629 said:
    Has anyone noticed that elaine is wearing guybrush's curse outfit?
    It's the same outfit she's wearing on the SMI cover.
  • It's similar, but not the same. Either way, it was just a silly observation.
  • You mean she's go two sets of white shirts with puffy arms, red bandana and sash, black vests and black pants? You must have some inside information about her wardrobe, I guess.
  • Whereas the vest in the original is a closed one, the one in the concept is open. As well as the fact that she's not wearing a bandanna around her neck in the concept either. I'm just saying it ain't the exact same. Chill a bit. I wasn't trying to be abrasive.
Add Comment