Life Is Strange - Season 2 Ep 3 "Wastelands" Teaser, Releases May 9th, Ep 4 08/22, Ep 5 12/03

Comments

• With all due respect, the opinion of a LiS hater is worth less than that of a piece of shit💩.

So I just finished playing the first episode. Now I know what you're thinking, "Oh God, here goes MetallicaRules again shitting on

• Preach.

Dex-Starr posted: »

With all due respect, the opinion of a LiS hater is worth less than that of a piece of shit💩.

• Why? He made some very good points.

Dex-Starr posted: »

With all due respect, the opinion of a LiS hater is worth less than that of a piece of shit💩.

• Thank you, I was rolling with the potshots, but Brody's bit at the end was where I was just done.

So I just finished playing the first episode. Now I know what you're thinking, "Oh God, here goes MetallicaRules again shitting on

• Can I just say that another complaint I had is that the writers unhealthily rely on 'brotherly' moments to build atmosphere and love. They did the same freaking thing with the other games, it's all about walking on train tracks and watching the sun set as you drink booze and love your best friend. Meanwhile, TFS manages to develop and grow characters and atmosphere without any of that! The campfire scene with James didn't even have music, there wasn't much explicit dialogue, rather just simple things like 'My dad had a food truck' here we can see the difference in storytelling. It's dissapointing, they can't just do those scenes every time. 'Roar, I'm a zombie!!' I'm frankly sick of it and I'm sure it'll keep coming. Not to mention it's not realistic by any means and no-one acts like Daniel. I have a little brother and he doesn't act like that.

• That's a good point. I also agree that a big flaw is that these games rely on these sort of almost whimsical moments to try and build atmosphere and develop characters. It almost feels like you're watching a Disney movie. Sometimes, less is more, doing simple things may actually accomplish what you're trying to get across better.

Ghetsis posted: »

Can I just say that another complaint I had is that the writers unhealthily rely on 'brotherly' moments to build atmosphere and lo

• For me the succes of the game will depend on how interesting the characters the brothers will meet along the way will be. And I really hope they'll get some cool travel partners that will stay around for longer than one episode.
    If it's just going to be the two of them for most of the game I fear I'll lose interest quite quickly.

• facial animation is just laughably bad

• edited October 2018

You're comparing character development between a an apocalyptic world vs a semi normal world. Of course there is no "happy, atmospheric scene with music" in TWD, because it's an APOCALYPTIC GAME. Doing that stuff will only get you killed. Character develeopment happens that way in LiS because it's in a world where there are no walkers trying to kill you. What made LiS special were those moments. There was a poll on the LiS subreddit that asked which moment was the best in the series. No, it wasn't the Jefferson reveal. No, it wasn't when Chloe finally found Rachel after 6 months. It was...The Tempest play from BtS, followed by the swimming pool scene with Max and Chloe. Both were, in the eyes of the fandom, "magical moments" because at those points everything seemed to stop, and all of a sudden nothing mattered. It was just them, having a moment.
    You praise TFS' character development when Omar is basically a shell of a character. At least side characters in LiS get more than ONE chance to talk to them.

Not to mention the fact that in episode 2 the most LiS-esque moments happened; Louis and Violet's romance scenes. Violet said that she would do watch duty and Clem could come join her... except she did no such thing. Instead they just watch the stars together which is veeeeery reminiscent of the moment when Chloe is in Rachel's room, except that scene was way more well done and appropriate in my opinion. Louis' romance scene is even worse because the game AND the devs basically state that you aren't doing ANYTHING productive besides you blowing on strings and decidedly romancing Louis. That's good old LiS character development right there!

I actually don't mind these two scenes or TFS as a whole at all. I just think your complaints about how LiS does character development are really weak when TFS basically does the same thing except in way worse circumstances.

Can I just say that another complaint I had is that the writers unhealthily rely on 'brotherly' moments to build atmosphere and lo

• I think we can all agree that the lip sync and especially the voice acting, is horrible

• I had no issue with the voices....lip syncing is better this season...but Telltale always did a better job with VO.

I think we can all agree that the lip sync and especially the voice acting, is horrible

• Some of the voice acting was pretty good, mainly from the father and Brody, but some of the others were lacking.

I think we can all agree that the lip sync and especially the voice acting, is horrible

• edited October 2018

But those are side characters. The voice acting of Sean is laughably bad. And he is a protagonist

Some of the voice acting was pretty good, mainly from the father and Brody, but some of the others were lacking.

• do we know when episode comes out

• Nope

do we know when episode comes out

• more like nothing.

Well it’s not much https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1053300331378081792

• Fan made happy ending to LiS1

• Well it means they are working hard to give us a good episode

more like nothing.

• Sbel has made some pretty damn good LiS stuff. This is pretty much like a sequel to the first game with Max and Chloe.

Fan made happy ending to LiS1

• that's really amazing. LiS fans are so talented

MichaelBP posted: »

Sbel has made some pretty damn good LiS stuff. This is pretty much like a sequel to the first game with Max and Chloe.

• edited October 2018

See! Was it that hard to create an ending with the same amount of effort dontnod. It's funny how shitty this makes dontnod's "ambiguous" ending look in comparison.

Fan made happy ending to LiS1

• was it ambiguous? i always thought everyone in the diner died since max had to be there to put the sand in front of the gas so it doesn't blow up the diner but when she reversed time she went with chloe to the lighthouse instead. 🤔

See! Was it that hard to create an ending with the same amount of effort dontnod. It's funny how shitty this makes dontnod's "ambiguous" ending look in comparison.

• edited October 2018

That's even worse cause everyone died because Max didn't do a dumb puzzle.

sarahsenpai posted: »

was it ambiguous? i always thought everyone in the diner died since max had to be there to put the sand in front of the gas so it doesn't blow up the diner but when she reversed time she went with chloe to the lighthouse instead. 🤔

• edited October 2018

Torn between universes, can a splintered Max reckon with the sins of Arcadia past… and is there any future for Max and Chloe when time itself is against them?

Life is Strange #1 will be available digitally and in comic shops on November 14, 2018.

• i'm cautiously optimistic about this. kinda excited to see where the story goes but also nervous it'll be too different from what i imagined happened and make me feel differently about the games.

Torn between universes, can a splintered Max reckon with the sins of Arcadia past… and is there any future for Max and Chloe when time itself is against them? Life is Strange #1 will be available digitally and in comic shops on November 14, 2018.

• sarah can I live with u?🙏🙏🙏

i'm cautiously optimistic about this. kinda excited to see where the story goes but also nervous it'll be too different from what i imagined happened and make me feel differently about the games.

• Wait, there's a comic series? How is that even going to work considering you have two different endings? Does it just go with the save Chloe ending and make it cannon.

Torn between universes, can a splintered Max reckon with the sins of Arcadia past… and is there any future for Max and Chloe when time itself is against them? Life is Strange #1 will be available digitally and in comic shops on November 14, 2018.

MrGraffio posted: »

sarah can I live with u?🙏🙏🙏

• I... I think it does.

Why is this comic a thing again? And why this ending?

Wait, there's a comic series? How is that even going to work considering you have two different endings? Does it just go with the save Chloe ending and make it cannon.

• Probably because of how the save Chloe ending was more rushed and open ended in comparison to the save Arcadia Bay one.

AChicken posted: »

I... I think it does. Why is this comic a thing again? And why this ending?

• I don't think it makes saving Chloe canon, it just follows the events after saving Chloe. Which is fair enough, that ending was incredibly underwhelming.

Wait, there's a comic series? How is that even going to work considering you have two different endings? Does it just go with the save Chloe ending and make it cannon.

• Was announced in like May I think? It's described as "a possibility out of many outcomes of the ending" so it's up to you if you consider it canon. I think it looks like a high budget fanfiction but that's just me, and I saved Chloe. :/

• sure cmon over

MrGraffio posted: »

sarah can I live with u?🙏🙏🙏

• high budget fanfiction

it kinda is. the artist used to do a bunch of pricefield fanart.
    http://elclaud.tumblr.com/
    https://www.deviantart.com/thelastclaudia
    i'm also writing my own LiS fanfics because of her. maybe someday they'll make mine legit too 🙃

TheTrashBoi posted: »

Was announced in like May I think? It's described as "a possibility out of many outcomes of the ending" so it's up to you if you consider it canon. I think it looks like a high budget fanfiction but that's just me, and I saved Chloe.

• <3 <3 <3 ...

sure cmon over

• Happy Hella Halloween!

Scource

Scource

• so how r u dressing tonite?

high budget fanfiction it kinda is. the artist used to do a bunch of pricefield fanart. http://elclaud.tumblr.com/ https

• God I love the artstyle of this picture for some reason.

Happy Hella Halloween! Scource Scource

• Hm. Why do I have this feeling that really, really bad things happen to Max in these fanfics of yours?

high budget fanfiction it kinda is. the artist used to do a bunch of pricefield fanart. http://elclaud.tumblr.com/ https

Sign in to comment in this discussion.