User Avatar Image

What are your thoughts?

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users
From what what we know so far, of course. I kind of think that the game looks a bit like Layton, but others have refuted this. I like the idea of this being a pilot, and a season will follow if succesful.
P.S. First origanal thread in this forum made by a non-telltalian! WOO!
88 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Please, please, I'd prefer to be called WRONG over being called naive. =P
  • Ahhh, i'm not sure if i should change this, thinking... :O)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Hayden;300574 said:
    Sort of off-topic, but I'm liking Mark Darin's mutton chop facial hair, haha!

Sorta reminds me of Motorhead's frontman Lemmy...
    Maybe he's going for the Van Winslow.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Jake;300764 said:
    Maybe he's going for the Van Winslow.

[ATTACH]1450[/ATTACH]

<3 u mr darin sir</font>
  • I can't help but think this would have been ripe for a DS game. As the creators themselves say they've drawn inspiration (and by the look of it by inspiration they mean, we've made a creepier story but we're using the same game mechanics) from Professor Layton which is probably why i think it would work better on DS than on PC (actually this will probably sell best on the IPad/Iphone). For $10 i'm gonna give it a go though.
    "I like it when you point at the map, sir. But where's the best place to point?"

Sorry mister Darin and Puzzlebox.
    Also, bad shop, I know. I'm not the image editing wizard Laserschwert or Irishmile is.
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff
    Awwww... I love you guys! :)
  • I was hoping for a DS game too. Maybe Telltale haven't yet got the software to develop it for the DS, but are contimplating it for the near future. That'd be nice... *begins dreaming of possibilities*
  • You guys caught me by surprise. I adore the Professor Layton series. Now you're combining that style of gameplay with Grickle in a setting that seems absolutely fantastic? I hope it manages to be as unique as the Grickle shorts.

I preordered. Eager to see how it turns out. :)
  • moronic50;300794 said:
    I can't help but think this would have been ripe for a DS game. As the creators themselves say they've drawn inspiration (and by the look of it by inspiration they mean, we've made a creepier story but we're using the same game mechanics) from Professor Layton which is probably why i think it would work better on DS than on PC (actually this will probably sell best on the IPad/Iphone). For $10 i'm gonna give it a go though.
    It's hard to be episodic on the DS. They might release the game for the DS after the whole game is completed.
Add Comment