User Avatar Image

Got steam version for free?

posted by monkeyroach on - last edited - Viewed by 733 users
I preordered the new season on the telltales site.I used the free code for the hats on my steam account.Now i have the option to download the first ep on steam.Its this new?Sorry if it has been answer already.
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's part of the whole hat deal. Theres no way to get the hats without also getting the game on steam so you pretty much got a steam backup.
  • Yeah. Part of the deal was that for buying the hat and 2 gun reskins, you get the entire third season of Sam and Max absolutely free.
  • English Language;299864 said:
    Yeah. Part of the deal was that for buying the hat and 2 gun reskins, you get the entire third season of Sam and Max absolutely free.
    In fact, for buy the game in the Telltale Store, you can also have it in Steam, so you can get the hats.

Keep that in mind.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    English Language;299864 said:
    Yeah. Part of the deal was that for buying the hat and 2 gun reskins, you get the entire third season of Sam and Max absolutely free.
    Hahaha, hrmm. That's not quite how we see it, but whatever does it for you.
  • Haha :D.

And then some people complain about $7,- horsearmor (like, well, me).
  • Wait a minute, I don't get this. If I buy the game here I get the Steam version for free too? :confused:
  • Zodler;301082 said:
    Wait a minute, I don't get this. If I buy the game here I get the Steam version for free too? :confused:
    Not anymore. There was a steam offer that gave steam buyers some TF2 items. The only way to make that offer available to PC buyers too was to give them the steam version.
    But the offer for the limited items is over now.
  • That kinda sucks for those who bought the game on steam.
  • LeBart;301117 said:
    That kinda sucks for those who bought the game on steam.
    I agree. Especially those who bought it on Steam after they heard the offer because they wanted to get the item and thought they couldn't if they bought the TTG version.
    I personally think the option to cancel your TTG order and buy it on Steam instead was enough. I can't really fault them for going out of their way to try and be fair and do a nice thing for their customers, though.
  • Didn't they get the items too?

I am not sure what's there "kinda sucks about this... The steam people got their inferior version (more expensive, no DVD, later release dates, Steam DRM, I do agree it sucks you guys didn't get the promised pre-order forum), just like they wanted, and nothing was changed.
Add Comment