The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• Maybe Gearbox/2K Games since they own the Borderlands license.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• If you're reading these forums, then Telltale isn't really "closed" just yet. They just fired all their staff. Most of the money likely goes to the investors.

I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• I just finished TFTB and honestly, it’s TTGs best game.

• Agreed. Don't forget to share your thoughts in the TftB section. ;)

I just finished TFTB and honestly, it’s TTGs best game.

• edited January 22

Found out how shitty my boss is today.

LONG ASS RANT!

So I helped him and another intern take in boxes of water the company ordered and put them into one of the studios. As I finished my job my boss and the other intern entered the room. The intern stayed and my boss looked around for a couple seconds then left. I then went to put in a box I missed and tossed out the empty ones. A few minutes later my boss enters the room and motions for me to follow him and he brings me to the room where interviews are usually held.

Then he gave me a 40 minute lecture because I can't read peoples minds and I didn't instantly do everything people think I should do. First offence, not instantly understanding what was going on when they started moving stuff around. Second offence, asking him things to confirm what I'm doing is right or not. Third offence, he didn't see me put away the one box and the empty boxes therefore I didn't do them.

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic. Like saying you need to tell me what's going on so that I understand what's happening, I've only been here a short amount of time (not even two weeks) I just want to make sure what I'm doing is right and that I already did exactly what he was complaining about he starts shitting his pants, stuttering and tries to pin something else on me.

Then this son of a bitch brings up some I did this morning which is ask whether or not I should be coming into work or not because my name's not on the schedule and he had previously told me that if my name's not on the schedule then I'm off. I asked him while I was on the way to work by the way. Then when I brought up what he said he meant only if my name's not on the schedule on a weekend. Then I said, that's why I called just to make sure and that I was already on the way to work in the first place. I say this three fucking times by the way.

Then he says that I did the exact same thing when I initially started working there and I'm like... "What?"

I didn't remember asking anything like that and was so confused. He proceeds to tell me it's okay if I don't remember, because he does. Especially when it comes to "bad things". And in my mind I'm murdering him five different ways.

He also gives me his famous "this company is like a football field and we are the players" speech which is apparently well known in the office. He also gave me this speech when he first interviewed me for the job.

Once the fucking interview is done I'm left wondering when the fuck I ever asked him about whether or not I should be coming in for work. Then it hit me. He fucking made that shit up.

When we talked a couple weeks ago I asked him if he had any work to give me because I didn't get to do anything on my first day. He somehow fucking misconstrued me asking for work into me asking if I needed to come to work.

I also found out that apparently no one in the building likes him which is hilarious.

Fuck you "boss". I hope the rest of your hair falls out you balding fuck.

I cannot wait to be done with this internship.

• edited January 22

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic.

He was also disputing with logic, like how a chef who burnt his dish still technically cooked a meal. You didn't want logic though; you wanted understanding and respect. It seems like you're broke for any to give to him too.

(I don't mean to scold you by saying that though.)

He also gives me his famous "this company is like a football field and we are the players" speech which is apparently well known in the office.

Football players are color coded numbers on a shirt; the only parts of the person inside them that matter are the parts that win the game. You're casting anger and stress towards someone who dismisses them as unproductive without accepting accountability for it getting to that point, like pearls to swine.

I also found out that apparently no one in the building likes him which is hilarious.

He probably has taken that in, even if no one told him to his face. I don't know him but sometimes that encourages people to distance their priorities even farther from morale if they never understood empathy. It scares or perplexes them so they hardened themselves against it instead of learning how to manage those skills.

Fuck you "boss". I hope the rest of your hair falls out you balding fuck.

And the world gets a little bit angrier at everyone being angry; burning the entire world as water was just around the corner.

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time though

lupinb0y posted: »

Found out how shitty my boss is today. LONG ASS RANT! So I helped him and another intern take in boxes of water the company

• Look it's not like I'm gonna stay mad at him forever, I just needed to blow off some steam. If I don't do that and just hold it all in I would explode.

Plus I've heard other things that continue to pin him as a shitty person (making a co-worker cry, actively delaying work while at the same time giving a long lecture about delaying work) rather than just him being plain unlikable.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic. He was also disputing with logic, like how a chef who bu

• Welp. Pre-ordered Resident Evil 2.

Can't wait to poop my pants!

• edited January 22

In the storied history of Major League Baseball, which has seen players like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ken Griffey Jr., and countless others, no one has ever been unanimously voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY...until today. A very huge congratulations to one of the greatest players to ever take the mound, and to one of the most humble and gracious people to ever play baseball, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees. I can't think of a player more deserving of this achievement. Tonight, I listen to Enter Sandman in your honor, congratulations Mo.

• edited January 22

No, I never took you as an angry or bad person from how you write on this forum. Anger's infectious; by letting his anger impact you, you extend the damage he does to the people around him. It's a fire meant to destroy so you can rebuild, and it has to be controlled so it doesn't catch onto something or someone you don't want it to. Blowing off steam is good when you don't know how to channel it but sometimes you can't reach a place to vent before you explode, and it won't teach you how to be more skilled in handling it in the future. Anger is meant to motivate you into improving the world, but it can easily blind you and make you arrogantly disregard the consequences under the guise that you're doing the right thing, as your boss is doing.

Yes he probably isn't concerned with being an upright guy, but that doesn't make him malevolent. He's immature and from the football analogy might be desperate to relive some glory days. His bitterness isn't worth catching. Hope that he might learn the error of his ways (since murder won't and shouldn't happen) and don't let him being irresponsible or wild with fire entice you to be too. You're better than that.

Look it's not like I'm gonna stay mad at him forever, I just needed to blow off some steam. If I don't do that and just hold it al

• I hate myself

• Oh my god for the past 20 minutes I thought I lost you guys!

• Yeah that happens sometimes. Every now and then when I'm on a page or writing a comment, I get that message. Usually I just have to refresh the page and everything is fine.

AChicken posted: »

Oh my god for the past 20 minutes I thought I lost you guys! (Spoiler)

• I haven't gotten that page in months.

Usually, it's just a server communication error message when writing a comment (that's particularly egregious on mobile because it covers the entire screen, and more.) though that just requires a quick refresh.

Yeah that happens sometimes. Every now and then when I'm on a page or writing a comment, I get that message. Usually I just have to refresh the page and everything is fine.

• I'm thinking about buying the final season of the walking dead game but I'm not so sure. Is it worth it or not? No spoilers please

• Yes, a million times yes. This is easily the best TWD season since S1, and depending on how this season ends, I will have no qualms in saying that it's better than S1.

CAITT posted: »

I'm thinking about buying the final season of the walking dead game but I'm not so sure. Is it worth it or not? No spoilers please

• Thank you for awnsering my question!

Yes, a million times yes. This is easily the best TWD season since S1, and depending on how this season ends, I will have no qualms in saying that it's better than S1.

• edited January 24

It's worth it,better than A New Frontier,maybe better than Season 2 depending on how you liked season 2.

But yeah it's not as good as Season 1,that's just..No.

It's enjoyable and pretty good i guess,so go for it,i kinda lost interest after episode 3 but i'm in the minority so maybe it'll be different for you.

CAITT posted: »

I'm thinking about buying the final season of the walking dead game but I'm not so sure. Is it worth it or not? No spoilers please

• edited January 25

Guess what boss fight I reached so far in Dark Souls Remastered? One clue: I'm in Anor Londo.

NEVERMIND!!! Because I just beat that boss in the second try and most people think it's the hardest boss in the game.

• goddamn it, where did I put those penis enlargement pills Today's been a pretty good day for me.

• This movie looks really interesting, and no, I'm not just saying that because James Hetfield of Metallica is in it.

• Been playing Resident Evil 2 and I've been having fun with it. This game has got some big spooks.

• I really feel like I should buy it right now but I'm still waiting for sale.

Been playing Resident Evil 2 and I've been having fun with it. This game has got some big spooks.

• I listen to people on YouTube speaking French because I wish I could speak French 🙁

• Hands

• I don't understand why people think Bligthtown is the worst place to navigate in Dark Souls 1. Tomb of the Giants is the one that screwed me up big time. I died more than 5 times because of the terrible guide through the darkness and you can't hold your Skull Lantern on your pocket and have just your signature weapons on your hands, I had to use my fucking shield to defend myself from those fucking skeleton monsters, IN THE DARK, especially those fucking wolfman type of those.

• Mr. X just popped up for me in RE2 and now I'm shitting my pants. I cannot believe how much more tension this trench coat fedora wearing motherfucker added to the game.

• edited January 27

I really hope that Tarsier Studios makes another Little Nightmares game or at the very least another horror game like it. I really enjoyed the world they created and the terrifying creatures that live in it. I'd love to see what other horrible monstrosities they can come up with.

Considering how much attention it got and other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russo Brothers, it'd be a shame if there wasn't a sequel/spin off.

• I'm going through the Uncharted series again, and I started playing Uncharted 2 today. I originally said "Okay, I'm only going to play for about an hour, at most, two." Next thing I knew, I'm 60% through the game and it's 5 hours later. In my defense, it is Uncharted 2, it's such a good game.

• other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russo Brothers,

Wow. This game's impact is bigger than I thought. Never heard it was getting a bunch of other media extensions.

I've never played Little Nightmares, though waiting for a good price. Is it a good game? It looks like an enjoyable yet creepy puzzle-platformer.
    The DLC any good as well?

I really hope that Tarsier Studios makes another Little Nightmares game or at the very least another horror game like it. I really

• It's very good in my opinion. If you've ever played Limbo or Inside it plays a bit like that but with the added ability to go up and down instead of just left and right. The atmosphere is almost constantly unsettling and the creatures in the game are really well designed. The sound design is also very good with many of the monsters making these really horrible noises, especially the Chefs. With the game having no dialogue the story is all show don't tell so you're gonna have to kinda guess what's going on. There are a couple issues, mostly with players sometimes having to guess whether or not they can actually make a jump, but nothing major.

The DLC takes place during the events of the base game with you playing as a different character exploring a different area of the map and introducing a couple new antagonists. It all ties together by the end though, however aside from the ending I don't think it's as memorable as the base game. Still good though.

There's the Steam Lunar Sale coming up in like a week so maybe the price for it will drop then.

AChicken posted: »

other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russ

• I finally managed to finish the original Dark Souls and now I see why most people think this is the best of the Soulsborne franchise. It has the best level design, the outfits were actually affecting the player's weight unlike in the sequels and it felt more semi-open world than the later games which were kind of linear. It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played but I don't know if I like it more than Bloodborne which is the one that introduced me to the franchise. I sure loved it more than Dark Souls 3 which was just too easy.

My favorite boss of the game has to be Ornstein and Smough. But I gotta say, I did NOT have that much trouble with them. I beat them on the second try. Sure I had some close calls but overall, it's not as hard as people say it is. Nameless King and Orphan of Kos are the ones who gave me anxiety. Patience is what defeated them.

I haven't done much in free roam, I didn't manage to collect every important item, I screwed up some NPC questlines and I haven't started the DLC yet. Time for me to start the New Game Plus. And it's crazy because Dark Souls 3 didn't convince me enough to start NG+ right now.

• edited January 27

Mmmmm… Just recently bought this guy.

Artist-made, Marvel/Sony licensed poster of Spider-Verse.
    It's uh... a lot of money. Total of 68$USD for Poster+Shipping, or 90$CAD total. But I figure I'm a big enough fan of it, and it being a once-in-a-lifetime thing (due to sales of this thing ending tonight at Midnight ET).. just go for it. I don't take advantage of those moments enough so I figured I'd lavishly treat myself.
    It should arrive in one-and-a-half to two months.

• So, after a conversation with my brother, the fact that the game is also on Xbox One has arisen the notion of me getting the game for myself. Trying to decide if I wanna go do that tomorrow.

• TWO 45s, ONE WITH 40 CHEESE

• Getting really salty with Epic trying to buy their way out of competing with Steam. I didn't really care about the past few games that got bought out by Epic but they finally got to a game I'm actually excited for, Metro: Exodus, especially since it was on such short notice.

I really hope that the Epic Store ends up not doing as well as they'd hope because what they're doing is super shitty. They're trying to get to Steam's level by throwing money at developers but without providing the features and support that Steam currently has. They're actively trying to force people to have to use their stores. Now this would be all well and good if this was only for original games that you could only get at their store (ala EA's Origin) but they're literally ripping games from Steam.

• So I saw what happened with Telltale's Jurassic Park and holy shit.

• edited January 29

Wowie. I didn't really know Rockstar's stories have recently gotten pretty gameplay-restrictive.
    I don't know, never played any myself... but it's just an odd thing given how touted their games are for freedom in the open-world.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.