User Avatar Image

Voice Acting?

posted by diewernerbrueder on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Will there be any voice acting in the game? There doesn't seem to be any in the Grickle videos and the shots we have seen so far from the game doesn't seem to have any audible speech. I will probably still get it even if it doesn't have, but I'd just like to know for sure.
56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know. I'm split as too if I want it or not...Ok, I've decided I want it.
  • I kinda hope there isn't. I recon it'd ruin the Grickle feel if they added voices. Still, if there are voices I'm sure Telltale have done it well.
  • I wouldn't expect voice acting... but then again, I wouldn't have expected large, mid-screen talk bubbles, so they could surprise me yet again.
  • Why wouldn't there be voice acting? It's a Telltale Grickle-based game! It's not a Grickle short toon or a comic.
  • But no character in the Grickle universe has a voice. It could be a bit out of place if people in this game would be able to talk.
  • No voice? They have a voice (a scream is a voice, and lots of them scream, especially in Graham's last short, "Channels")...so I would say they are able...they just don't talk...in sentences, anyway.
  • They talk in monkey voices.
  • tm_drummer;302627 said:
    No voice? They have a voice (a scream is a voice, and lots of them scream, especially in Graham's last short, "Channels")...so I would say they are able...they just don't talk...in sentences, anyway.
    I'd say that is more of a sound effect than a voice personally.
  • Yeah, on the one hand, the videos never seem to have dialog, but on the other hand, the comics I've seen from him have plenty of dialog, and the game itself clearly has dialog, so there's really no fundamental reason why it couldn't or shouldn't be voiced. Sam and Max didn't have voices until they made a game out of it.
  • LuigiHann;302757 said:
    there's really no fundamental reason why it couldn't or shouldn't be voiced.
    What about:
    a) they want to retain the feel of the comic and shorts by using only word balloons
    or
    b) they wanted to invest less money because it's a pilot and voice actors cost more than no voice actors
    or
    c) since there are lots of mini-puzzles, there will be much more characters than your regular episode cast, requiring more different voices that get less lines each, which isn't as practical to voice

These all sound like plausible reasons to me.
Add Comment