User Avatar Image

Sam & Max the animated series DVD

posted by Javi-Wan Kenobi on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
I think I did this question somewhere earlier, but now I can't find the answer.

Does the Sam & Max animated series DVD have subtitles? Not even translations, but just English subtitles?
I think the answer was no, the DVD hasn't no subtitles at all, but I want to be sure.
I don't want to buy it if I won't be able to understand it. My English comprehension so far doesn't allow me to understand some spoken stuff (specially when it's fast spoken and using slang, as Sam & Max is) without subtitles.
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know, someone probably does hate non-English speakers and the deaf. Somewhere.
    I doubt they had anything to do with the DVDs though.

(And yeah, I can't follow the episodes either, sadly).
  • Maybe someone should transcribe the episodes. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
  • funny you say that because I already started doing it.
  • I can understand like the 60 or 70% of the dialog. And I can follow almost with no problem. In fact, it's most of Sam phrases I can't understand completly. (And doesn't help I almost know by heart "That Darn Aligator").

To be fair, I brought the DVDs for the cover art.
  • Avistew;302128 said:
    (And yeah, I can't follow the episodes either, sadly).
    I still can't imagine that someone who writes so perfectly on a forum has trouble understanding the English spoken language.
    It just doesn't compute...
  • Joop;302338 said:
    I still can't imagine that someone who writes so perfectly on a forum has trouble understanding the English spoken language.
    It just doesn't compute...
    That's simple, in fact: Mostly because you can be really good at write, but has almost no training in the spoken part, because those are different. Really.
  • Or (like me) she's just having a hard time hearing human voices. Especially when drowned by music and soundeffects which are getting the priority. It's not uncommon for me to not even understand certain lines in Dutch movies because of that, it doesn't really have anything to do with the language...
  • I don't mind the Sam and Max cartoon too much, I just don't like it all the time. Some episodes are gems, and ultimately it's harmless. I'd be more upset if, for example, The Geek and various Animated Series-isms ended up in the Telltale seasons, but since it doesn't really harm anything outside of itself the show can continue to exist with my blessing.
  • yeah, I can't stand the Geek. She's just so up-herself.
  • I do not like those slim cases that the series came with I much prefer a 3 dvd regular size case.... I made a cover to go in it that is inspired by the TTG Sam and Max season one cover.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4161/toono.jpg
Add Comment