User Avatar Image

Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

posted by Squarehard on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users
Hi this is Jake from Telltale, dropping a note into the top of this post.

I know we usually don't edit posts like this, but I wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the discs and much of the merchandise is shipping out now! You can read about the details, and see pictures from the manufacturing press check, and more, in this Telltale blog post.

Now back to the original post by Squarehard...

It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.
2.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LuigiHann;302312 said:
    that's hysterical
    Agreed :D. Right-clicked and Saved As.
  • Hi all

Just talking to the main people working on this, the DVD is still on track to begin shipping from our warehouse in May.

It may not begin shipping out until the latter part of the month. And depending on where you live, what kind of shipping you specified, which items you have in your order, etc ... arrival times for different orders will vary.

- Joel, Telltale
    I don't care anymore about when the package arrives once I know it's shipped. Plus, living in Australia, I don't have to deal with this kind of behaviour:

But I do end up checking the mail, front door and asking my parents if anything came for me, even one day after it's shipped.
  • If everyone is so sick of threads like these, then why do you take the time to respond to them? I guess I'm guilty of that now as well, but we should just not respond to threads like these and just let it die. If people do respond, it usually leads to unwarrented insults at the person who posted the thread and just random spam.
  • metroidreborn;302636 said:
    If everyone is so sick of threads like these, then why do you take the time to respond to them? I guess I'm guilty of that now as well, but we should just not respond to threads like these and just let it die. If people do respond, it usually leads to unwarrented insults at the person who posted the thread and just random spam.
    But then we wouldnt have a cool desscusion about periods sexism and train crash.
  • Plus, we're bored.
  • Yes, extremely bored.
  • Threads like this wouldn't be necessary if Telltale actually bothered to email us the release dates. I was wondering where this was too. Glad somebody asked, cuz now I know.
  • MattmanReturns;302740 said:
    Threads like this wouldn't be necessary if Telltale actually bothered to email us the release dates. I was wondering where this was too. Glad somebody asked, cuz now I know.
    they don't know them selfs yet they said when they know we will know
Add Comment