User Avatar Image

Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

posted by Squarehard on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users
Hi this is Jake from Telltale, dropping a note into the top of this post.

I know we usually don't edit posts like this, but I wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the discs and much of the merchandise is shipping out now! You can read about the details, and see pictures from the manufacturing press check, and more, in this Telltale blog post.

Now back to the original post by Squarehard...

It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.
2.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • MattmanReturns;302740 said:
    Threads like this wouldn't be necessary if Telltale actually bothered to email us the release dates. I was wondering where this was too. Glad somebody asked, cuz now I know.
    I was emailed about this. Three days ago.

• I can't even imagine how anyone could think telltale doesn't care about their audiences. It just seems so... unimaginable.
  • Well i cant' find the appropiate thread to say this but im so excited to get the DVD cuzz i preordered today!!

I am definetly keeping it safe and clean, and will replay all SOMI:SE to TOMI! Which is cool!
  • Giant Tope;302770 said:
    I can't even imagine how anyone could think telltale doesn't care about their audiences. It just seems so... unimaginable.
  • I agree with original poster that having paid upfront for DVD - e.g. $50 - to be despatched in APRIL, we should have apt communication. Most of us paid to play it/did so last year.
  • charliestumpy;302858 said:
    I agree with original poster that having paid upfront for DVD - e.g. $50 - to be despatched in APRIL, we should have apt communication. Most of us paid to play it/did so last year.
    No, you paid upfront for the DVD to be dispatched in SPRING, POSSIBLY APRIL. Spring doesn't end until June 22nd.
  • Yeah, I kind of wonder where people get the "TTG said April" from, since they never did anywhere AFAIK.
  • Hassat Hunter;302974 said:
    Yeah, I kind of wonder where people get the "TTG said April" from, since they never did anywhere AFAIK.
    Nikasaur did mention April once, but she said that was the estimated date:
    nikasaur;273666 said:
    It will be shipped in Springtime, estimated in April, AND you get the games for download right away! Then you can play the games while you wait for the DVD and all the extras to arrive.
  • Also, she only posted that after we'd already been speculating April for five days. And at that point, several of us had already figured out that nobody could remember where they had read "April".
Add Comment