User Avatar Image

Countdown to episode 2

posted by aHartzell Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 9.7K users
Hi, all. This is Andy Hartzell, writer and lead designer for episode two of "The Devil's Playhouse." As you can see from my pitiful post history, I haven't properly acquired the forum habit yet. But I promise to visit regularly for at least the next month or two.

So let's see...what can I tell you about the upcoming installment? You know it's called "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak", and you've guessed that it involves the mysterious objects that were revealed in the final moments of "The Penal Zone". I can tell you that it's going to be a big episode and a twisty one, a tale that ranges widely in time and space. Like episode 1, this one throws a few new ingredients into the Telltale stew, but the flavor of this one is a bit different. Less oregano, more...cumin. And clove.

There, is that enigmatic enough? Please feel free to post any questions or speculations you may have, and I promise to respond promptly with cryptic non-answers.
390 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • aHartzell;303837 said:
    There will be no puzzles in episode 2 that require you to calculate in Newtons.
    That's what Puzzle Agent is for :p
    aHartzell;303837 said:
    Deathtraps aplenty, though.
  • Didero;303854 said:

That's what my locker bay is for.
  • Tor;303843 said:
    Aw crap, that means we must calculate forces in U.S. units!
    First of all we need to find out the units, then the conversion constants! Oh joy...:confused:
  • I guess the difference by Newton's and U.S. units can be explained best by a man of science!
  • Joop;303918 said:
    I guess the difference by Newton's and U.S. units can be explained best by a man of science!
    Predictable, feeble Friends-type humour.

And before you ask, I do sometimes enjoy the programme.
  • O.K. - I think i give up...go in my room and hang myself. Clearly there is only teasing and still no - not even a sight of a - release date. So live long all you Sam and Max fans, I can't bear it any longer.....

*just kidding* but still impatient! :(
  • MarkoH01;303961 said:
    O.K. - I think i give up...go in my room and hang myself. Clearly there is only teasing and still no - not even a sight of a - release date. So live long all you Sam and Max fans, I can't bear it any longer.....

*just kidding* but still impatient! :(

I'm doing something even worst because I'm waiting. I'm doing... HOMEWORK! T_T
  • I hope they announce a release date soon. If they carry on this way, they should drop the 'monthly' out of the terminology they give us and replace it with something more fitting.

Ok I'm going too far here. To my knowledge, the only time they have not succeeded in bringing the forthcoming episode during the month following the last episode is for TMI's final episode. Their track record suggests they'll pull something out of the bag soon.
  • tbm1986;303931 said:
    Predictable, feeble Friends-type humour.

And before you ask, I do sometimes enjoy the programme.
    I don't agree.
    The humour may sometimes be a bit predictable, but the acting, particularly by John Lithgow, more than makes up for it.
    Friends can't even come close to the uniqueness of Third Rock from the Sun.
  • You guys may want to check the blog...
Add Comment