User Avatar Image

Valve's Portal is free for PC and Mac gamers until May 24th!

posted by MusicallyInspired on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users
http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Go get it now if you don't own it! This isn't a temporary deal. It is a temporary offer, but once you buy it (for free) you own it. Even after the due date is passed. Go and get it now even if you're computer can't play it! Someday maybe you'll get a good enough computer so you can play it and you'll thank your lucky stars that you managed to take advantage of this incredible deal while it was free!

Those of you who don't know what Portal is....you're beyond help.
117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I already beat Portal on Xbox 360, but I can't resist a free game download.
  • Even if you've got it on another console, download it. You get heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps of community content on the PC. Hell, you get the TFV mappack for free, as opposed to paying for a butchered port!
  • Yeah. And if you don't really want it right away, you can "buy" it and you don't even have to download it if you don't want to. But it'll always be there linked to your Steam account if you ever need it.
  • Some of the less scrupulous out there are prolly registering tons of Steam accounts to flog on eBay with Portal attached
  • Drat! I already own both the pc & 360 versions. Ah well, I'll just spread the word of Portal instead...
  • HELL YEAH. I've played it before but now I can actually own it.

Dude, thanks for telling me, I can't believe I didn't actually miss an offer deadline this time.
  • MusicallyInspired;304035 said:
    http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Go get it now if you don't own it! This isn't a temporary deal. It is a temporary offer, but once you buy it (for free) you own it. Even after the due date is passed. Go and get it now even if you're computer can't play it! Someday maybe you'll get a good enough computer so you can play it and you'll thank your lucky stars that you managed to take advantage of this incredible deal while it was free!

Those of you who don't know what Portal is....you're beyond help.
    That just screams my name.
    Took this offer too, cant resist.
  • It's a sly move by Valve which is good for everyone. The more systems you get Steam on the more sales you get and the more you can advertise directly. I can see every Mac users who's ever played any sort of game jumping on this the second they see it. Same for PC, though I think the free Portal offer for PC users was mostly to keep any nerd drama at bay, plus Valve are just cool like that
  • boy howdy 125 bytes per second how can this be

it is a mystery
  • Soon as I heard I promptly posted the news to every forum I frequent. And everybody and their third-cousin's pet rat is probably downloading it at once right now. Might be a while :).
Add Comment