User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 9.8K users
Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu
599 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • taumel;306002 said:
    Sure it is, it's a puzzle, riddle however you prefer calling it, which involves a specific knowledge; and yes, you are right on the solution.
    Okay, then here is mine, what's the name of the guy I was in love with in 2003?
    Good luck :p
  • How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
  • Avistew;306010 said:
    Is it Mr. Avistew?
    Neelo said:
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as it could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • The Highway;306019 said:
    Is it Mr. Avistew?
    It's not my husband, and even if it was his name isn't Mr Avistew :p
  • Avistew;306010 said:
    That's not the same as this is your personal knowledge. Knowledge about games which everyone can buy is a different thing and you should be clever enough knowing that already. :O)

Hmmm, let me think of my school time, maybe this is more after your taste:

ADVENTURES RETURNED HURRAY = BEWFOUVSFT EFOSVUFS GZTBQS

MBVHIJOH FMQSVQ DTKUDOOBG = ?
  • LAUGHING ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

too tired
  • Avistew;306029 said:
    It's not my husband, and even if it was his name isn't Mr Avistew :p
    Mr.... Stewart?
  • taumel;306031 said:
    That's not the same as this is your personal knowledge. Knowledge about games which everyone can buy is a different thing and you should be clever enough knowing that already. :O)
    I don't know, seems to me to be more a quiz than a puzzle. The way I see it, for a puzzle you're given all the tools. Just asking someone to guess which movie/game/country/language has this or that in it isn't really the same, because either they already know or they don't and won't figure it out.

Well, for a line from a walkthrough you can google it easily, but many would consider that cheating.
  • Avistew;306057 said:
    Well, for a line from a walkthrough you can google it easily, but many would consider that cheating.
    *A-hem* Yes... And that is... Bad? Yes, very bad. Bad cheaters!
  • @Hayden
    No

@Avistew
    It definately fits better into the quiz section but still i find there is a puzzle part as well, without the certain knowledge you'll also fail to solve a lot of riddles, so...

Oh and of course using google is meh. :O)
Add Comment