User Avatar Image

Season two, a disappoint?

posted by thedavehooker on - last edited - Viewed by 346 users
After playing episode 1 of the Devil's Playhouse I went back and played the first two seasons. Half way through the Season Two I noticed that the story wasn't as interesting as I once remembered it. Perhaps it's just the fact that Playhouse is just so good it blows it out of the water, but who knows. Anyone else feel the same way? Disagree?
17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think Season 2 is great, besides Maoi Better Blues, the worst episode of all S&M Episodes so far (let's hope that 'record' never gets broken)...
  • Hassat Hunter;309268 said:
    I think Season 2 is great, besides Maoi Better Blues, the worst episode of all S&M Episodes so far (let's hope that 'record' never gets broken)...
    I comlpletely agree.
  • You at least should play 204 and 205.

Contrary to 2D, 3D games don't age this well. You can reduce this effect by choosing the proper art form for a certain level of technology but if i remember things correctly the older games often had some texture/poly issues (too low res for the choosen art form). No problem in games like Strong Bad for instance but it makes certain scences in Sam&Max look kind of outdated, but as i said 204 and 205 are still good games.
  • I liked Moai Better Blues >.>
    Am I the only one? I keep seeing people saying it's the worst episode ever or something.
  • Avistew;309429 said:
    I liked Moai Better Blues >.>
    Am I the only one? I keep seeing people saying it's the worst episode ever or something.
    I liked it a lot. In my opinion, the first episodes are always the worst ones. (An opinion that this season seems to be continuing)
  • Season One to me was the pilot of the game, it started off where S&M needed to be.

Season Two was the "Grand Opening" of the new series, it gave Sam & Max the edge they needed.

Season Three currently outstands the the greatness of the first two Seasons.

Now, don't get me wrong; I loved Seasons One and Two, but they needed that little something to make them great. Season One needed more plot twists and more exciting things. Season Two needed more areas and less recycled materiel. Basically, Season Two is not bad. It did need to be better but it was a marvel in it's time. (Although the bad facial expressions got on my nerves..)
    Avistew;309429 said:
    I loved Moai Better Blues, I thought it was the best Episode of the series. People are to quick to judge good games.
  • Avistew;309429 said:
    Overall, I'd say Culture Shock was the weakest. If we focused on story, though ... Moai Better Blues it is.

Though I have something of a soft spot for it since it was the first Sam & Max episode I managed to beat on my own -- no hints turned on, no walkthrough, nuthin'. I also rather liked playing with the portals.

Oh! And Sam and Max as kids. That was the best.
  • The last "Worst S&M episode" poll Maoi Better Blues won over Culture Shock and Situation: Comedy.

So yeah...
Add Comment