User Avatar Image

DVD summary/what to do

posted by doodinthemood on - last edited - Viewed by 958 users
Hey guys. I played one of the episodes of wallace and gromit (chose it as my free download) and liked it, but found it really too easy for my tastes, however my sister likes PNC adventure games and wallace and gromit, so was thinking about buying her the full series for her birthday.
It seems there's a lot of unhappiness about the DVD though, and I'm also reading stuff about different versions of the DVD, which I don't really understand, and references to problems on particular in-game situations which I wouldn't know about.
Am wondering if anyone could give a quick summary of the different versions and different problems, and what they reckon would be best to buy for sis?

Thanks.
11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The retail version, which you can buy from Amazon.com or the like, does not use online activation, whereas the one you get from TTG does. Other than that, the discs are 100% the same, but if you buy from TTG you also get access to the downloadable versions.
  • Actually, the retail version got several gamestopping bugs and crashes added to it... somehow. So the choice is much more:

    * RETAIL. No online activation but you gotta check around the help threads here which files to erase to play your game without crashing.
    * DELUXE (which isn't as deluxe as any other TTG disk :(): Online activation, but not so buggy. Disk by itself isn't that great, so if you have a fast connection it's probably better to just download all 4 episodes from the site.
  • Hassat Hunter;310295 said:
    Actually, the retail version got several gamestopping bugs and crashes added to it... somehow. So the choice is much more:

    * RETAIL. No online activation but you gotta check around the help threads here which files to erase to play your game without crashing.
    * DELUXE (which isn't as deluxe as any other TTG disk :(): Online activation, but not so buggy. Disk by itself isn't that great, so if you have a fast connection it's probably better to just download all 4 episodes from the site.
    I guess I haven't played through the retail version at all, I just bought it and looked it over, so I wouldn't know if there are any crashes etc. or not. :)
  • Buy a coaster. Much better value.
  • I have no earthly idea why telltale even bothered offering a dvd version if it was going to use online activation.
  • Ugh, I've already ordered my DVD and now I find out about this. As far as I'm concerned, I've been mislead. The FAQ very specifically says that the discs don't require online activation and when I paid my money that's part of what I was paying for.
  • it doesnt even work in a dvd player, apparently
  • lord darkstorm;313033 said:
    I have no earthly idea why telltale even bothered offering a dvd version if it was going to use online activation.
    Think of the amount of yapping there would be if they didn't
  • Im glad I ordered my disc with the free postage option making it free
  • Sailorcuteness;319705 said:
    Im glad I ordered my disc with the free postage option making it free
    For some reason they had the flag thing down when free postage was on, and by the time they got it sorted out the free postage deal was done. Should I ask about getting it for free now does anyone think?
Add Comment