User Avatar Image

Sameth and Maximus

posted by Sir Primalform Magnifico on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I mean really guys, was that the best you could come up with? The names make me cringe every time I hear someone speak them. Sameth sounds like some bizarre attempt at middle English (aka. Ye Olde Englishe to idiots) and Maximus is Latin. D;
These characters are living in NYC in 1901! Just off the top of my head calling them Samuel and Maximilian would be a little more appropriate.
44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sir Primalform Magnifico;310236 said:
    I mean really guys, was that the best you could come up with? The names make me cringe every time I hear someone speak them. Sameth sounds like some bizarre attempt at middle English (aka. Ye Olde Englishe to idiots) and Maximus is Latin. D;
    These characters are living in NYC in 1901! Just off the top of my head calling them Samuel and Maximilian would be a little more appropriate.
    It has to be mentioned that the argument that Maximus is latin, and therefore unsuitable doesn't float. Maximillian is Latin too. It's derived from Maximus, but it was in use in the third century, so it's hardly a new name. Source: http://www.behindthename.com/name/maximilian
  • My point was more that Maximilian is still in use whereas Maximus isn't.
  • You're not alone. I cringe at their names too. Samuel and Maximilian both sound a lot better, and even if these are the full names of present day Sam and Max, it's not like we're ever going to hear them used as often as we had to hear "Sameth" and "Maximus."

*shudders*

I even cringe when I type them out...
  • I like Maximus as a name, it worked. but Sameth could have very well been Samwise
  • I like Maximus as a name, but Sameth confuses me. Was it ever actually used as a name?

>_>

<_<

Considering that my name is Samuel, could I use Sameth as a name?!
  • Remolay;310717 said:
    ...Sameth could have very well been Samwise
    Why do want me to hate Sam, why?

Only other Sam I can think of is Samson, but it dun fit too well.
  • Zonino;310732 said:
    Considering that my name is Samuel, could I use Sameth as a name?!
    Possibly, but you don't have a handlebar mustache.
  • splash1;311102 said:
    Possibly, but you don't have a handlebar mustache.
    That's what you think!

Actually yeah you're right, I can barely grow a beard as it is. I do have a thick moustache though, but it would take a good few years for it to grow out enough into a handlebar I think.
  • Zonino;310732 said:
    I like Maximus as a name, but Sameth confuses me. Was it ever actually used as a name?
    "Samet" (without "h") is a commonly used name in where I live, Turkey. It comes from arabic I assume.

Oh, also, in the credits roll I've seen a tester named "Seher Basak" which is also an arabic name (if not Turkish).
  • Sir Primalform Magnifico;310236 said:

But that's present day Sam and Max's full name...

Also, I've never heard the name Sameth before. That's like, Sam Mammoth, isn't it?
Add Comment