User Avatar Image

A flaw in 302 [spoilers]

posted by doodinthemood on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I got the three blocks in the burial chamber and placed them in the spell cue card thing and stopped the protection spell.
Quite a bit later I asked (I think) the molewoman what three hands meant and she told me it reversed the spell before, but somehow sam had known to put in three hands.

I felt like I'd taken an accidental shortcut somehow. Am guessing there were a few of these, given the difficulty in working in all possible pathways through the 3 reels. Was a bit disappointed with that though.

Anyone else come across any?
57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So do the blocks have other stuff on them? You only ever see the hand side, so I assumed it was the only drawing on them, to identify what each block did (kind of like a label).
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    There were other images on the blocks - you could see the different faces when they were still in the burial chamber. I assumed you'd have to rotate them into the correct position too.
  • Weird... I also remember when the molewoman talked about adding hands to cancel spells I was like "we know that already!" so I assumed she had said that so I'd learn the words and therefore be able to cancel curses put on me by the mole people. I didn't realise they just went away with time (well, apart from the cow hex which vanished the second I tried to do something).

Hey, out of curiosity, is it possible to make Max move as a cow? Both times he turned back into a human the first thing I did (click on max icon in reel 2, use glass on him in reel 3).
  • The flaw in 302: WHO THE HELL WAS FILMING ALL THIS?! I mean, someone had to, right? How else would Sameth and Maximus' adventure get recorded in the reels.
  • tredlow;311696 said:
    The flaw in 302: WHO THE HELL WAS FILMING ALL THIS?! I mean, someone had to, right? How else would Sameth and Maximus' adventure get recorded in the reels.
    It's magic! Seriously though, that's the answer.
  • Avistew;311691 said:
    Hey, out of curiosity, is it possible to make Max move as a cow? Both times he turned back into a human the first thing I did (click on max icon in reel 2, use glass on him in reel 3).
    Woah, how did you get Maximus to turn into a human? And... Did he have any clothes on? O_o

And no. You can't make him move as a cow.
  • I meant a rabbity-thing, sorry.
  • Harald B;311731 said:
    It's magic! Seriously though, that's the answer.
    Oh, and WHO WROTE THE NOTE ON THE SKELETONS?!!
  • tredlow;311801 said:
    Oh, and WHO WROTE THE NOTE ON THE SKELETONS?!!
    I'm guessing the mole people. They've held on to the chest for the past century, so they must have set up the projector to begin with. After they built a wall around it their descendants must have just forgot about it.
  • I actually talked to the Molewoman about the three hands before I even got the blocks, so it was perfectly logical to me.
Add Comment