User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 10.1K users
Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6
184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hmm... you appear to be correct... Guess I'll have to dismantle the annihilatrix and start from scratch... Have you ever considered a career in supervillainy science?
  • YOU DIDN'T MAKE SAM AND MAX!

Your brother did and he got annoyed with you, so he wrote a note saying, "I'm tired of this, here, Sam and Max is yours"
  • Steve Purcell made Sam and Max the characters we know and love today. He's the one responsible for their personalities and characteristics.

EDIT: I'm aware it was his brother who came up with the idea, what I mean is that Steve Purcell is the one who developed the characters to be what we know and love today.
  • His brother did, Steve just happened to make a better version. No offense to his brother btw.
  • All we know about Dave's comics is that they were about a dog and rabbit detective duo.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    PressidentMax;315007 said:
    [B]YOU DIDN'T MAKE SAM AND MAX!

Your brother did and he got annoyed with you, so he wrote a note saying, "I'm tired of this, here, Sam and Max is yours"
    Heh. Dave Purcell's been on the Telltale forums a few times, including sharing some old pre-Steve childhood comics. I don't think there are hard feelings, so don't be a weirdo!
  • Jake;315107 said:
    Heh. Dave Purcell's been on the Telltale forums a few times, including sharing some old pre-Steve childhood comics. I don't think there are hard feelings, so don't be a weirdo!
    hehe, weirdo... classic...

I didn't know dave ever visited these forums! any time recently? because you totally stalk him?
  • The Highway;315177 said:
    I didn't know dave ever visited these forums! any time recently?
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=166930#post166930

EDIT: It's not his latest post, by the way. I just linked to that particular one because he posted some drawings there.
  • interesting...
  • I kinda got lost during the nightmare maze of exam rooms and ended up in Korea where I strive to survive from the mass building of solitude and only arm a playdough and crazy glue.

Ahh man I wanted to asked him if he ever going back making the comics again or the TV/movie series. I miss th good old days where you hit the bubble gum machine and throw random heavy stuff from a 30 foot building screaming "Death FROM ABOVE!!!!!"
This discussion has been closed.