User Avatar Image

Just finished ep1.

posted by Ezny on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Really liked it. Not a sports guy, though I've heard the name 'Homestar Runner' before somewhere.

Thought it was funny, and I liked the puzzle design. Thought the difficutly level was good too. Not too easy. Starting ep2 today.

Thanks TellTale. If it weren't for you guys, 'new adventure game' would be a term that wouldn't exist in my vocabulary. :)
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • der_ketzer;312517 said:
    It's the part for the trogdor maschine that are on backorder. They will not arrive until Episode 5.
    What he said. It's a line by Strong Sad in ep1 [probably remember now, right?], which I found pretty funny considering the ToMI DVD. :D

And man, that band Degenerate Octupus Insomniacs rocked so hard! I mean, I've seen bands rock before, but that 4 hour Thera-MAXXX solo by Homsar just blew my mind! :eek:
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Catfish33;313064 said:
    And man, that band Degenerate Octupus Insomniacs rocked so hard! I mean, I've seen bands rock before, but that 4 hour Thera-MAXXX solo by Homsar just blew my mind! :eek:
    Heh. :) Baddest of the Bands is actually the first time I ever even heard of a theramin before. Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D
  • Jennifer;315009 said:
    Heh. :) Baddest of the Bands is actually the first time I ever even heard of a theramin before. Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D
    Theramins are awesome! I want to play one, hasn't happened yet though.

I first heard of them on the 'Ed Wood' special features' Howard Shore featurette.
  • even after playing it i still dont understand what a theramin is supposed to do
  • The Highway;315248 said:
    even after playing it i still dont understand what a theramin is supposed to do
    Playing a theramin or playing strongbad?

edit: It's hard to explain, but here's my shot at it.

Theramin: Basically a box with a wire/antenna poking out the top. When you move your hand towards the wire it will make a noise, depending on how close, and how high or low on the wire you are. Higher is higher pitch, lower on wire makes lower pitch. The closer your hand the louder, and also effectes the pitch in a way. Then there's something else on the box that does basically the same thing, changes the sound, also, according to where your hand is placed. You never actually touch the instrument though.

It was used in like 90% of old sci-fi B movies.
  • so it just distorts a sound? wierd.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    The Highway;315310 said:
    so it just distorts a sound? wierd.
    Yeah, but you can use it to make actual music, and the result sounds pretty unique. The Legend of Zelda theme on a theramin :D
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    You can hear a theremin as the lead instrument through most of the track "The Black Hole" in Sam & Max Season One's soundtrack. It's the instrument which sounds sort of like a synthesized version of a woman singing... sort of? You can hear it the most obviously starting around 1:26 in that track.
  • Jennifer;315009 said:
    Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D
    They're somewhat handy to make apparently
Add Comment