20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...Hugh Bliss? Proprieter of the most annoying voice of all the games?

I like that he was essentially a sentient bacteria, and that the whole prismatology thing was a parody of religious cults, but...really?

Hugh Bliss?

Really?
  • I quite liked him in moderation.

Don't bring him back though. Seriously.
  • For a while, I didn't know what to make of him. Then my first playthrough of 106 came along.

I've been sold on him ever since.
  • Hugh Bliss is as good as yodeling. Good sometimes but annoying as hell ,and not the good kind, at points.
  • kill him or them or they or Coleraine no just kill it
  • sorry but batterer when sentient is confusing so I get mad he is ok i gees
  • I appreciate how he hasn't been in the 3rd season yet. Thank you TT.
  • I can't even comprehend how people don't like his voice. You can tell the voice actor put 110% into that role. The character himself is fantastic, such a perfect mixture of bizarrre, disturbing, and fabulous.
  • I awlays liked Hugh Bliss but I can understand why people wouldn't.
  • Nagaoka;315708 said:
    I can't even comprehend how people don't like his voice. You can tell the voice actor put 110% into that role. The character himself is fantastic, such a perfect mixture of bizarrre, disturbing, and fabulous.
    You can respect a voice actor's work on a character without liking the character himself. Though I have to admit, I liked listening to the BSotM commentaries and finding out that all of Hugh Bliss' choreography was copied from what David Boyll was doing in the recording booth while doing his lines.

As for the character of Hugh Bliss himself, I think he's a frightening riot. If you don't like him, then he's still a train-wreck-character: No matter how awful what he does is (Remember after he separated Max's bliss and started soaking up the happiness? I could not look at the game during that. It sounded like he was having an orgasm. No thank you!) you just can't turn away.
Add Comment