User Avatar Image

106 Alternate Icon -BSotM Spoilers-

posted by lombre on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
In one of the Bright Side of the Moon commentaries, it's mentioned that Telltale originally designed the BSotM icon to feature Hugh Bliss's face on the moon, rather than just Sam. Now, I know this is a long shot, but is there any way you guys might still have that original icon somewhere? To be honest, ever since I got Season 1 of S&M a few months ago, I always thought that icon just seemed a bit.. generic. No offense to Sam or anything, but his face just doesn't capture the episode. I'd love to have that original Hugh Bliss icon on my desktop.
57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know, Season 3 is awesome but badge icons kind of put a wrench where I put the "I like Sam & Max icons", so it's hard to say.. Oh you were being sarcastic weren't you?
  • So... any chance of 202 with spatula or 101 with Brady? 205 is fine as Soda Poppers do not deserve my desktop.
  • StLouisRibs;318415 said:
    or 101 with Brady?
    You mean like... THIS!?

http://www.convertico.com/images/1275690120.15/101Alternate3.ico
  • splash1;318979 said:
    Uh, like what?
    Oh, well, I guess the link didn't work.

I'll, uh, get back to you all on that. :o
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    The Highway;317740 said:
    Also, Jake, what made you decide to not use a badge for season 3?
    I probably would have if I was the one making the icons, to be honest, but there's a new team doing the website/graphic design/icon stuff and they made the call to go a different direction with them. There's been a deliberate effort to shift how The Devil's Playhouse is presented marketing-wise, in comparison to the first two seasons, to make it feel a bit like a fresh start, and that extended from the season's logo all the way down to the icons. My preference is always an OCD-fueled need for consistency, but I can totally see the reason for mixing things up.
  • Honestly, I miss the diamond shaped icon Telltale used for The Penal Zone. It made the logo look so crisp and clean, not like the new circular ones. I realize the diamond may have only made sense because the Penal Zone's portal was diamond shaped, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Papierwaite and the film reel in a diamond too.
  • Jake;318990 said:
    My preference is always an OCD-fueled need for consistency, but I can totally see the reason for mixing things up.
    me too. that's why im making my own badge icons.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    queen_of_the_lobsters;319005 said:
    Honestly, I miss the diamond shaped icon Telltale used for The Penal Zone. It made the logo look so crisp and clean, not like the new circular ones. I realize the diamond may have only made sense because the Penal Zone's portal was diamond shaped, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Papierwaite and the film reel in a diamond too.
    I think each ep will have a new shape this season.
  • Jake;319030 said:
    I think each ep will have a new shape this season.
    ??? They are all circular. do you mean the item in the left side of the circle?
Add Comment