User Avatar Image

Who else want a real item's inventory for season 2?

posted by tamer on - last edited - Viewed by 892 users
I liked season 1 a lot, but one thing I REALLY missed is a real item's inventory where you can COMBINE collected items in it to make all sort of crazy items :D.
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OnCallDoc;32047 said:
    Items that are red herrings should make a comeback as well. By that I mean more red herrings (I could swear I picked one up towards the end of Reality 2.0).
    I have a feeling there will be a red herring in a cage next season in the office and you can take it, but you'll never do anything with it. ;)
  • Secret of Monkey Island already did that :)
  • The Easter Egg in Episode 4 was a similar joke.

I was actually stuck on the "red herring" puzzle in SoMI for a while, because I figured I figured it was just a joke. It's somewhat ironic that the red herring is... not a red herring in that game.
  • tabacco;32079 said:
    Secret of Monkey Island already did that :)
    Really? Oh... I don't remember it. :/ Was that the 2nd Monkey Island game? I don't think I ever finished that one. I might have, but I'm not sure. Well... Have a blue herring, or a purple herring! Name it Bob. ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    There's a red herring out on the docks behind the SCUMM Bar, which you need to steal from the Loom seagull.
  • AdamG;32077 said:
    I have a feeling there will be a red herring in a cage next season in the office and you can take it, but you'll never do anything with it. ;)
    We should send one to the Telltale offices as part of the gift baskets next season. Hehehe.
  • You must chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with..... A HERRING!
  • Cut down a tree with a herring? That can't be done!

On topic: I'd love to have some more options regarding the inventory, as long as it makes sense. The item combining in HtR was a little too weird for my taste and had me stuck for a while.
  • Just make sure there's a more complicated inventory in future Seasons, that's like one of the top complaints of Season 1. :/ Just wanted to make sure you don't forget. ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    I thought the inventory was just fine.

*gets coat*
Add Comment