User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Animated GIFs

posted by Didero on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users
This idea came from another thread. Somebody asked for spritesheets, and Fury linked these, for Monkey Island 1 and 2, respectively:
Fury;317015 said:
With a bit of effort, you can make nice animated gifs from these spritesheets. A good image editor I like to get specific frames from the sheets is Paint.NET, and a good, free program to actually create the animated gifs is Beneton Movie GIF.

I made this one a while ago:
and this one just now:

I know the last one isn't anything special, but I haven't messed around with this stuff for a while, so I thought I'd start easy :p

Let's see what you guys can come up with!
70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hayden;320428 said:
    What went through my mind in about 15 seconds.

"Plank?... Man?... Broom end? Th-Death-er?

Wait... man... broom. Guy? Brush? Guybrush!

Death? Or Grim Reaper? Th-GrimReaper-er...? Or maybe it's just 'Reaper', Th-Reaper-er? Oh, wait... it's a 'minus'! Reaper - er = Reap. Th-reap.

Guy... brush... Th-reap... plank? Plank made of WOOD!

Guy... brush... Th-reap... wood...

Guybrush Threepwood!"
    Yay someone got it. :)

I might change the er to something like "ER"

Here you go, is this a bit easier to understand:

• Various gifs from an older thread
  • Man, that game was so serious. :rolleyes:
  • Pale Man;320830 said:
    Man, that game was so serious. :rolleyes:
    Haha! This comment is so good :D. I actually laughed, that's right, laughed and not just smiled.

Edit: By the way, MonkeyMania, all of those are great, thanks for re-posting. Now to save them all. Did you make any of them?
  • prizna;320619 said:
    Yay someone got it. :)

I might change the er to something like "ER"

Here you go, is this a bit easier to understand:

Yes, that's better. The Reaper was really the only thing that stopped people from getting it.
  • Hayden;320872 said:
    Yes, that's better. The Reaper was really the only thing that stopped people from getting it.
  • I made the one where Guybrush gives LeChuck a wedgie from the Guybrush and LeChuck sprite sheets here.
  • Hayden;320872 said:
    If he changed it to "3 + P" it might be easier, too.
  • Pale Man;320907 said:
    I thought about using the number 3 but I didnt think it looked that good with 1 frame being just text. I thought it looked better with pictures
  • Pale Man;320907 said:
    That idea crossed my mind...
    prizna;320920 said:
    I thought about using the number 3 but I didnt think it looked that good with 1 frame being just text. I thought it looked better with pictures
    ...but it failed for the same reasons listed here.

I think that Prizna's is good now that it he's changed it. Plus, I like the fact that you have to think about it a little, so that it is actually a bit like a puzzle (not a hard one, though).
Add Comment