User Avatar Image

No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

posted by Megaace on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users
I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read these news about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now they are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(
172 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff
    I don't think you have anything to worry about... :)

Expect the unexpected!
  • Kevin;321776 said:
    This appears to be confirmation of Tales of Monkey Island season 2 for next summer.

Or I could just be wildly speculating. :p
  • Kevin;321776 said:
    Expect the unexpected!
    Oh god, it's a game based on The Biggest Loser, isn't it?
  • Give telltale a chance for other types of games guys. Hell it's not like their adventure games are going anywhere and who knows it might kick ass. Just as long as it's not survival horror (I am looking at you dino crisis).
  • Kevin;321776 said:

Expect the unexpected!
    But I expect these games to be adventure games and I expect Telltale to go on making adventure games. So if I expect that then that means I shouldn't expect that? Or were you referring to everyone else, meaning the one snot expecting that, meaning w should expect that.
  • Megaace;321622 said:
    I love Jurassic Park. I love Back to the Future. But I don't want an "action game" or an "action adventure" from Telltale. There are hundreds of companies doing these types of games. I want Telltalle doing what they are the best and the only company: wonderful graphic adventures.
    ThisthisthisthisthisohfortheloveofallthatisgoodandholythisTHISTHISTHIS!
  • thatdude98;321799 said:
    Telltale can make an action adventure...
  • thatdude98;321799 said:
    Do you own CSI? No? Cool. Not every Telltale game is going to be made specifically to suit your exact interests. Don't play the ones you don't want to, but don't act like they're going to give up on adventure games and classics, because that couldn't be further from the truth.

They were FOUNDED to make classic adventure games, they're not going to turn their backs on it.
  • I don't think TTG's main focus in their games have ever been solely adventure-based, but rather focused primarily on interactive, cinematic, story-driven games. With puzzles. Period. That doesn't have to mean point&click adventures. Which lately it's really proven that it isn't, what with the new control scheme, Puzzle Agent, and now the Universal licenses.
  • If Universal wanted an action adventure, surely they would have gone to a different company?
Add Comment