User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 3a: The Secret Revealed or your money back

posted by Cyrus7 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
Tales of Monkey Island are finished, DeathSpank is finished and nearing release. I hope Ron will once get to create this game. If DeathSpank is a success, he won't need the lottery to buy the rights :D

What would you expect from a game like that (except the revelation of the Secret)?
33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYuWgHfYRU
    According to this interview, Ron was not doing that ending "just to be strange", he had planned out a whole story for his third game, as well as the secret itself. (About 3 minutes in).

I'm hoping with Ron now (apparently still) jobless that he could go to LucasArts and direct Monkey Island 3 for release next year the way he wanted to make it. They could call it Monkey Island 3 because curse is just called "The Curse of Monkey Island". Unfortunately, with Lucas' new president, we have yet to know if another Monkey Island game will ever be made again. :(
  • If it was gona happen id rather see the secret revealed in MI 6 then MI3a
  • Perhaps Ron has decided he's happy with the direction Monkey Island has gone in and is glad he didn't get his ending.

I am curious as to what plans he had though because to be honest MI2 seemed to wrap it up.
  • I hope there will be a SOMI v1.2 between SOMI and LCR, just to... I don't know what. But then, I want a LCR v1.2 previous to the CMI 3a, that obviously should be done by Ron, of course. Then maybe we should get a EFMI v1.0, cause obviously, the released game is the EFMI beta version and Ron can explain better the whole 'new' story. And we need too, then, a TOMI alpha edition to explain what happened with Mr Mandril before Tales, in case Ron does not explain it on the EFMI v1.0 version.
  • mother f**king alternate universes in this mother f**king forum
  • Just in case: I was in ironic mode on.
  • Sailorcuteness;323915 said:
    If it was gona happen id rather see the secret revealed in MI 6 then MI3a
    Tales was MI6, remember? :D
    guitarsareboring;323920 said:
    Perhaps Ron has decided he's happy with the direction Monkey Island has gone in and is glad he didn't get his ending.
    If that's the case, then he should just upload the script for anyone to read. But since he didn't, I assume, he still has plans with it.
  • LogicDeLuxe;324324 said:
    Tales was MI6, remember? :D
    Fixed.
  • Hayden;324327 said:
    Fixed.
    Thankyou very much. Someone should start a counter for how many times the "Tales isn't MI5" argument has been started.
  • OzzieMonkey;324331 said:
    Thankyou very much. Someone should start a counter for how many times the "Tales isn't MI5" argument has been started.

...we'll start from here.
Add Comment