User Avatar Image

Cucumbers Cut Lengthwise appreciation thread

posted by lu_ming on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users
How could we ever forget to make an appreciation thread for the heart and soul of Moleman humour?:D

77 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Avistew;324103 said:
    What?! You pronounce the H in herb? Man, I was sure you didn't!
    ... Wasn't it "hour, heir, honest and herb"?

I'm totally confused now.
    You don't pronounce the "H" in "herb." The Highway doesn't type in perfect English, so he may cause confusion.
  • Ah, yes, that's a possible explanation too. Thanks!
  • Klatuu;323886 said:
    What about pickles? They are cucumbers, and commonly cut lengthwise.
    Sammeth and Maximus thought so too. Kept blabbing their mouths in front of the mole men. You know what happened to them right? Sources report it as an "accident". Yeah. Uh huh...
  • Power46;324108 said:
    You don't pronounce the "H" in "herb." The Highway doesn't type in perfect English, so he may cause confusion.
    I am actually a grammar nazi, but I say the "H" because that's just how we do it down under.
  • So you complaining because somone is not pronouncing something they typed thats typed. Would it be better to type 'erb, 'onest and 'alf.
  • Who are you talking to exactly, Gibbon?
    I was just overreacting to the fact he wrote "a herb" and not "an herb", because I found it funny that it shocked me more than the fact he said bananas were herbs.
    And he just pronounces it the Aussie way because that's where he's from.
    I don't think either of us is complaining.
  • The Highway;324151 said:
    I am actually a grammar nazi, but I say the "H" because that's just how we do it down under.
    I can second this.

Also, how does everyone pronounce 'historic'? Because I've always wondered why it's written 'an historic day'.
  • I'm pretty sure the h in historic is pronounced. At least I pronounce it.
  • Hayden;324326 said:
    I can second this.

Also, how does everyone pronounce 'historic'? Because I've always wondered why it's written 'an historic day'.
    saying "a historic" is a bit jerky, just then when i quietly whispered it, so pronouncing the h in "an historic" is actually better.
  • The Highway;324336 said:
    saying "a historic" is a bit jerky, just then when i quietly whispered it, so pronouncing the h in "an historic" is actually better.
    Actually, yes. After reading your comment, I did the same, and "an historic" does come off the tongue a lot easier.
This discussion has been closed.