52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I, too, like Donna the most, for much the same reasons. I hope she comes back at some point, even for a cameo, but that's highly unlikely.

It was close though, because Amy is fast catching up to Donna and may end up surpassing her. Also, Rory <3.
  • I grew up loving K9, but I'm sure those episodes haven't aged well.
  • Donna. I like that she called the Doctor out and kept him from getting too... I'm not sure what to call it. I also liked that she wasn't a romantic interest. What happened to her was terrible.

Could you spoiler the new series spoilers, please? It hasn't finished here yet. The stuff about Rory, I mean.
  • I say Amy. She's so far the least annoying. But then you don't need to take me too seriously as I'm not a massive fan.
  • Donna is just like my best friend so I gotta pick her
  • I think Amy is best suited to the doctor she's with, so i chose her. However, Donna is probably the best on her own.
  • Sarah Jane Smith.

[/thread]
  • I think the Amy Pond character is basing itself too much on Dona Noble in her vocal nuances. It doesn't work, instead of coming off as strong and independent she sounds loud and objectionable.

I didn't like Catherine Tate's comedies, but I loved her as the Doctor's sidekick because she added a different flavour to the previous two who had always been almost over-awed by the Doctor.
  • Shwoo;325604 said:

Could you spoiler the new series spoilers, please? It hasn't finished here yet. The stuff about Rory, I mean.
    Done. I was thinking there was a two week discrepency between UK and the States, but upon closer examination its a three week discrepency. My bad.
    Darth Marsden;325604 said:
    Sarah Jane Smith.

[/thread]
    I really liked her at first-- sort of "plucky" and much more confident. However, she sort of fell back into the pattern of all the companions of screaming a lot and being the victim for the doctor to save as time went on. Unfortunately that was the way with a lot of them in the old series.
  • Leela, Romana, and Ace were decidedly non-screamy. Peri was the most.
Add Comment