User Avatar Image

Which Movie is it Based On?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
Will this new game be based on the First Movie, the second, the Third, or Is it something completely different?
I'm hoping it will be one of the first two movies, but even more so, I want both.
58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's gonna be different. Dan Connors said they would take place in the universes but he doesn't consider them sequels.
  • Since it's Telltale, I consider it completely different, doesn't fall into a fourth film.
  • I honestly hope it's based on the book.
  • It will be a new story set in the same world. We don't even know if it'll have he same characters as the movies (but I would expect to run into some of them at some point).

I would also expect to see some homages to classic JP movie scenes in some of the locations and puzzles in the episodes.

Though I hope no dangling bus over a cliff, I hated that scene.
  • Icedhope;321611 said:
    I honestly hope it's based on the book.
    Well they have the license agreement with universal, not crichton. so it wuill definately based on the movies.
  • axelkothe;321967 said:
    Well they have the license agreement with universal, not crichton. so it wuill definately based on the movies.
    They hold the copyright of the franchise, so that means the movies, books, video games etc. Though the movies will most likely provide the most inspiration for the game, hopefully they expand to the books as well.
  • Ah, I better go watch the movies now! I've only seen the first Jurassic Park once. I own all three, but I've only seen one of them (strange, I know).

Anyway, aside from my lack of knowledge of the movies and the whole world and the characters and the dinosaur breeds and the history, I'm quite excited about this game. I hope to be more excited after I actually watch the films. A lot of people are treating this whole thing (the fact that Telltale has picked up the license and are developing the games as we speak... err, type) as an absolute disaster and the worst possible move for the company, but I have confidence in Telltale. I feel that they will be able to put their own unique flavour into the franchise, and make it different, but also good. What am I basing this on? Their entire record and catalogue of games, that's what!
  • If I had to guess, it may be based off of the comics that are in the works:
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1079284p1.html
  • I would prefer it to be a new story...
  • keep it Jurassic park not something different make it a combo of 1 and 2 cuz its untainted unlike the third
Add Comment