User Avatar Image

Futurama Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
This year, on the 10th of June, the first episode of Futurama season 6 will go to air :)! This will be the first official Futurama episode (excluding the feature length films) since 2003; 7 years (for those who can't count)! It's fittingly called "Rebirth", and will be the first of the 13 episodes in season 6, and then a season 7 is also planned - we'll be having a total 26 new episodes! The whole original voice-acting cast is back and Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are still heading the team and writing episodes!

Now, I've known about this for quite a while now - as I'm sure most of you have as well - but actually getting an official release date and episode title just makes it seem that much more real and make me, personally, that much more excited. So how about you? Are you excited about the television return of Futurama? Or are you worried that it may be a failure and forever tarnish your opinion of Futurama? Will the episodes live up to the old ones? And how did you think the feature length films fared against the classic episodes?

Opinions and speculation please.
124 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hayden;324959 said:
    The internet my friend. Within a matter of hours, I'm sure it will be available off illegal download sites and streaming on several websites.
    I was hoping you'd say that! Anyway, it isn't REALLY that bad, I mean, other people in America get to watch it (I'm not sure for free or not) so why can't we?
  • The Highway;324961 said:
    I was hoping you'd say that! Anyway, it isn't REALLY that bad, I mean, other people in America get to watch it (I'm not sure for free or not) so why can't we?
    No, it's not that bad. Because we'll just watch the episode illegally initially, but once it is broadcast in Australia, most of us will (I assume) re-watch them anyway.
  • Dang, it's a shame I live in Canada, or I'd tune right in.
  • So you guys have a site to watch it that isn't ridiculously slow? I guess I should've looked harder when the movies were coming out. (I'm not asking for a link)

And I watched every movie legally as soon as I was able to.
  • I won't feel bad about watching it illegally at first either, since it's a definite instant buy when the series is available for purchase. Just hope I find a decent quality download somewhere.
  • I've only ever watched one Futurama episode, but I'm still ridiculously excited by this announcement. I should probably add that I watched that one episode about five times.
  • I love Futurama and I am glad that it's back.
  • Alcoremortis;326063 said:
    I've only ever watched one Futurama episode, but I'm still ridiculously excited by this announcement. I should probably add that I watched that one episode about five times.
    Go and watch them all, they are all brilliant! And, just out of interest, what was that 'one episode'?
  • Shoo Dr. Zoidberg, shoo. Whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop.

One of the better shows in my opinion, The Simpson's is ok, but I like Futurama more.
  • Dr Zoidberg needs more screentime!
Add Comment