User Avatar Image

Futurama Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
This year, on the 10th of June, the first episode of Futurama season 6 will go to air :)! This will be the first official Futurama episode (excluding the feature length films) since 2003; 7 years (for those who can't count)! It's fittingly called "Rebirth", and will be the first of the 13 episodes in season 6, and then a season 7 is also planned - we'll be having a total 26 new episodes! The whole original voice-acting cast is back and Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are still heading the team and writing episodes!

Now, I've known about this for quite a while now - as I'm sure most of you have as well - but actually getting an official release date and episode title just makes it seem that much more real and make me, personally, that much more excited. So how about you? Are you excited about the television return of Futurama? Or are you worried that it may be a failure and forever tarnish your opinion of Futurama? Will the episodes live up to the old ones? And how did you think the feature length films fared against the classic episodes?

Opinions and speculation please.
124 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hayden;326239 said:
    Go and watch them all, they are all brilliant! And, just out of interest, what was that 'one episode'?
    It was the one with the MASH parody. I love MASH and so I thought that parody was brilliant.
  • Alcoremortis;326453 said:
    It was the one with the MASH parody. I love MASH and so I thought that parody was brilliant.
    'War Is The H-Word' I believe is the title of it. Good episode, you should watch the rest of them!
  • corruptbiggins;326456 said:
    'War Is The H-Word' I believe is the title of it. Good episode, you should watch the rest of them!
    It's been my intention to watch the rest for a few years now, but now I have a lot more motivation (new season!) and a lot more time (summer!).
  • The Highway;326324 said:
    Dr Zoidberg needs more screentime!
    I can't disagree with that, Dr. Zoidberd is a really funny character.
    He is one of my favourites, right after Bender. :)
  • One episode I'm waiting for is The Late Phillip J. Fry, which, I've been excited about since I first heard the premise a few months ago.
  • I have always looked forward to Telltale producing their own original IP's - however, THIS is one franchise I would absolutely go nuts for if Telltale were to tackle it. Futuruma is perfect for Telltale!

Have you guys seen all the films? Ahhhh, I just love this cartoon series. It's such zany outer-space fun.
  • eriqchang;330779 said:
    I have always looked forward to Telltale producing their own original IP's - however, THIS is one franchise I would absolutely go nuts for if Telltale were to tackle it. Futuruma is perfect for Telltale!
    I totally agree. The jokes and writing in Telltale's games are very similar to the writing and jokes that you hear/see in Futurama.
  • I thought you said, at the start of this thread, the 10th of June?
  • Hayden;330788 said:
    I totally agree. The jokes and writing in Telltale's games are very similar to the writing and jokes that you hear/see in Futurama.
    I sort of disagree with this -- I actually think the humor and writing on Futurama is both superior to Telltale's, and a whole lot nerdier (no offense to the Telltale guys, it's an impossible standard) -- but WOULD absolutely love Telltale to take on the franchise. It is one of the few where I have absolutely no doubts that it would work.
  • Not long now folks :) The new series is are looking seriously good!
Add Comment