User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Ads on [adult swim]

posted by Zeek on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Currently, I'm being the test subject for my dad's snack shop by downing various energy drinks and giving feedback as to their taste. Mostly because I'm the only one in the family foolish enough to ruin his internal systems as such.

Anyway, the result is me staying up for the first time in a long time watching adult swim. And what do my eyes stumble upon at every commercial break during their block tonight?

Sam & Max: Season One Gametap advertisements.

The ads are pretty much joke spoilers playing set ups and punch lines and the occational one-liner from various episodes. But still... It's Sam & Max on TV for the first time since the 90's!! And it's on during the one block of television programing responsible for the return of Family Guy AND Futurama!

Brace yourselves, people! I feel a forum explosion coming in the future!
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saw these. Really cool.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    We saw those a few weeks ago. I like that their format is just to play out a complete joke. It's in the tradition of a lot of the Adult Swim ads as well, which don't try to be clever on their own, but just let the jokes play for themselves.
  • As both an [adult swim] fan and a Sam & Max fan, I can say that this is awesome.
  • Zeek;32791 said:
    It's Sam & Max on TV for the first time since the 90's!!
    Thats not true. On the game review swhow x-play on G4 (Channel 175 on IO) on weekdays from 8:00pm-9:00pm they reviewed Sam and Max. You can see there reviews online also at www.g4tv.com/xplay
  • A new sam and max animated series on adult swim would be awesome
  • Zachspyfox033;32804 said:
    Thats not true. On the game review swhow x-play on G4 (Channel 175 on IO) on weekdays from 8:00pm-9:00pm they reviewed Sam and Max. You can see there reviews online also at www.g4tv.com/xplay
    That doesn't count, because if that did, we could claim that Mario is the longest running television franchise given how many times the game has been reviewed on TV even after that creepy cartoon went off the air.

Although, I did like the Koopa Kids...
  • Hero1;32806 said:
    A new sam and max animated series on adult swim would be awesome
    Either that or Comedy Central. I would love an animated series that wasn't directed towards kids.
  • GameTap did another longer Sam & Max TV ad back when the season started, but I think these short ones are cooler.
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    I watch Adult Swim a lot and I've never seen a Sam & Max ad.:(
  • They were airring them every commercial break last night after Futurama. And I mean EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK.
Add Comment