User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Animated GIFs

posted by Didero on - last edited - Viewed by 5.2K users
This idea came from another thread. Somebody asked for spritesheets, and Fury linked these, for Monkey Island 1 and 2, respectively:
Fury;317015 said:
With a bit of effort, you can make nice animated gifs from these spritesheets. A good image editor I like to get specific frames from the sheets is Paint.NET, and a good, free program to actually create the animated gifs is Beneton Movie GIF.

I made this one a while ago:
and this one just now:

I know the last one isn't anything special, but I haven't messed around with this stuff for a while, so I thought I'd start easy :p

Let's see what you guys can come up with!
70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hayden;320968 said:
    That idea crossed my mind...

...but it failed for the same reasons listed here.

I think that Prizna's is good now that it he's changed it. Plus, I like the fact that you have to think about it a little, so that it is actually a bit like a puzzle (not a hard one, though).
    Yea, I didnt actually mean for it to be totally straight forward, I wanted it to be like one of these and kind of like the things they used in the show Catchphrase
  • Apologies if this has already been posted, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTElqWyjmOU

Not technically a gif, but it would sure make a great one! :D
  • Admonisher;328937 said:
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTElqWyjmOU

Not technically a gif, but it would sure make a great one! :D
    That's EPIC!
  • Oh my, the time that some people have :D. It's very good though, and quite funny.
  • Wow, prizna's gif meant something? I thought it was just random stuff. I would never have guessed. Especially the Reaper's part, since I would only have thought "death".
    I guess because you don't see them at the same time I just never connected them together. But an avatar is too small to put "Guybrush" and "Threepwood" in one frame each.
  • Avistew;328941 said:
    Wow, prizna's gif meant something? I thought it was just random stuff. I would never have guessed. Especially the Reaper's part, since I would only have thought "death".
    I guess because you don't see them at the same time I just never connected them together. But an avatar is too small to put "Guybrush" and "Threepwood" in one frame each.
    Yea it didnt go very well :( but im using it anyway.
  • prizna;328954 said:
    Yea it didnt go very well :( but im using it anyway.
    Of course! Not saying you shouldn't use it. Sorry for not getting it, I guess I'm used to randomness and didn't try and figure out a meaning behind it.
  • Thats fine, it is pretty confusing :)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Since this thread has turned into general Monkey Island gifs, I'll post this again. :D

I've added his hook hand since I last posted it, since someone mentioned that I forgot it when I posted this on my deviantart page. :)
  • Anyone have one of Murray chewing gum?
Add Comment