User Avatar Image

What is You Favourite Monkey Island Chapter? (Chapter, not game)

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
The 'what is your favourite MI game?' threads have been done to death, so I thought I'd go a little deeper and ask people what their favourite Monkey Island chapter is. With 23 in total, there is a lot of choice there, and it allows you to pick your single favourite part of all the games, and not just your favourite entire game.

The poll will be up shortly.

Edit: It's up, so get voting, people!
50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had a tough time deciding between "The Curse Gets Worse" and "The Thief, the Barkeep, his aunt and her lover." Ultimately, my vote went for "The Curse Gets Worse," probably because of the banjo duel.
  • allaboardfilms;328947 said:
    Ultimately, my vote went for "The Curse Gets Worse," probably because of the banjo duel.
    Ooh, yes, good point. That's one of my all-time favourite puzzles, and it was a pleasure to listen to while doing it :).
  • Three sheets to the wind is close (and the only chapter I've loaded up to play on its own without playing anything else in the game) but The Thief, The Barkeep, his Aunt and her Lover wins because there is just much more happening.
  • the demise of zombie pirate lechuck for the unexplained ending.
  • The Four Map Pieces.

But I also don't remember all the titles for all the parts in all the games. Would be nice if you could update them with chapter number and game.
  • I voted for The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood, but it was close between it and Four Map Pieces, Dinky Island, The Curse Gets Worse, The Thief, The Barkeep, his Aunt and her Lover, and Rise of the Pirate God.
    jaden551;329015 said:
    the demise of zombie pirate lechuck for the unexplained ending.
    What unexplained ending?
  • apenpaap;329033 said:
    What unexplained ending?
    I think I voted on the wrong one then,

Oh crap I did I meant the end of LCR.
  • Three Sheets to the Wind gets my vote. You can't beat a chapter devoted to insult sword fighting and kick-ass music.
  • jaden551;329057 said:
    I think I voted on the wrong one then,

Oh crap I did I meant the end of LCR.
    Well, I was sort of leaning towards voting of 'The Demise of the Zombie Pirate LeChuck' myself (as it was the first chapter that I ever played). So, you sort of voted for me, so I guess I'll cast my vote for you - your vote goes to 'Dinky Island', yes?
  • Hayden;329132 said:
    Well, I was sort of leaning towards voting of 'The Demise of the Zombie Pirate LeChuck' myself (as it was the first chapter that I ever played). So, you sort of voted for me, so I guess I'll cast my vote for you - your vote goes to 'Dinky Island', yes?
    yep.
Add Comment