User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 9.8K users
Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu
599 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • NeatNit;329646 said:
    My guess is that R stands for Red, B stands for Blue, and Y stands for Yellow, but I have no idea where this is from.
    I thought it was colours as well, but B could also be black. And I still have no idea what it all means.

Also, I didn't take any cookie at all, Highway.
  • Avistew;329659 said:
    I thought it was colours as well, but B could also be black. And I still have no idea what it all means.

Also, I didn't take any cookie at all, Highway.
    It was a puzzle! Theoretically!

Oh well, new try:

Say Avistew was watching her weight and took no cookies. And say Lena P definitely wasn't watching her weight and took ten. How many cookies does that leave The Highway?
  • originalnumberofcookies-11?
  • The Highway;329658 said:
    Is the next one G?
    I thought of that too, but then it would have to be R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,Y
  • NeatNit;329668 said:
    originalnumberofcookies-11?
    no, minus 10
  • Whoops! Shoulda checked my knowledge really. Bamse and The Highway are correct.
    So the pattern goes
    R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,
    R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,
    R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,R,B,Y,G

If you solve it from now on, just give the next letter in the sequence, and so on. Someone else can give a new puzzle.
  • Fill in the blanks, both blanks must be the same word and the sentence must make sense

"My (blank) is (blank) than my wallet"
Add Comment