User Avatar Image

Video Game Feelies

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been thinking about various video game feelies, with so many of us awaiting the Tales deluxe edition and voodoo cards, so I thought it'd be cool to have a thread to show off everyone's collections of video game feelies. I'm including homemade items and things that aren't technically feelies but are close enough.

So here's my collection. Conveniently enough, the Monkey Island feelies are both homemade, the TF2 feelies are both close enough, and the others are actual feelies.

Clockwise from top:

Feast for the Senses Menu/Map: Read all about it here.

Dead Ringer: It may not be exact, but not only was this pocket watch nearly perfect for my BLU Spy costume, it was also very cheap. A win-win!

Eon Ticket (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire): This is one of the coolest concepts for a feelie. Essentially, Nintendo distributed an e-Reader card with the Eon Ticket printed on it which would unlock the corresponding item inside the game. The e-Reader may suck, and the ticket may just be a card, but being given an item for your game in the real world is awesome.

Paper Voodoo Doll: The pins have been replaced with magnetic push pins sticking it on my dry erase board.

EVE Hypo: A replica from Bioshock. Looks awesome when turned on in the dark.

Ocarina of Time: From Songbird Ocarinas. It's tiny, the holes don't match the game, and it can't even hit the corresponding note for top-C in the games (preventing me from playing Zelda's Lullaby, Epona's Song, the Minuet of Forest, the Sonata of Awakening, the New Wave Bossa Nova, the Elegy of Emptiness, the Oath to Order, and most infuratingly, the Song of Storms), but at least it's an Ocarina. Still, I'd like to get one from STL Ocarinas.

Butterfly Knife Trainer: Also for my BLU Spy costume, it's an almost perfect replica of the one in the game, but with the added bonus of being convention safe and unable to cut me (though I did do a very good job of not getting cut when using my friend's real knife).

And here's a picture of the EVE hypo lit up in the dark.

108 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Technically those are real-world replicas of in-game objects. I think you win the thread.
  • A feelie for TF2 I wish I had a real Balisong (Butterfly Knife), but they are illegal in Denmark so I guess I have to stick with my Lego one. :p
    In game replica I have an action figure of Tassadar from Starcraft.

When my ToMI Deluxe has arrived I will have a bit more. :)
  • I really wish I had a real butterfly knife, but the good ones are all expensive, and while I know they're illegal in public, I'm not sure about their legality for home use. I have a couple friends who just bought a few of them online, though.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my trainer. All the weight and balance of a real balisong without the chance of lacerating my hand while trying to do tricks.
  • You can get trainers? Cool, I need to look into that.
    A lego one is all well and good, but its clunky and to light and I can only really do 2 tricks with it. :p
  • Yeah, didn't you see my trainer in the first post? The one I bought came highly recommended, and I have to agree, it's a good one and not very expensive. It's manufactured by Bear and Son, and I got it from knifecenter.com for about $30.
  • Ohh, I thought it was a real one, I need to pay closer attention.
    And it even says in your post, Butterfly Knife Trainer. :p

Hmm, will have to have a look into that, maybe I can actually get it because it's a fake.
  • I will warn you, some places don't like to ship them outside the country just because it can be mistaken for a knife, so you may have to find out who will ship to Denmark.
  • Yeah, that is what worries me. Or maybe it looks so close to a real one, it will be stopped at customs or something. So I will have to look at what my options are, or just get used to my Lego one. :p
  • I'm having trouble imagining how a Lego one would work.

Also, there's the BaliYo, which is a balisong-styled space pen manufactured by Spyderco. On the plus side, it's plastic and can't possibly be mistaken for a knife, plus you can get one for pretty cheap. The downside is that it's plastic, so even with the small metal weights they add to the handles, it's still very lightweight. That said, I've had lots of practice and can do pretty much everything I can do with my trainer with my pen.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/b6e6/
  • LuigiHann;330200 said:
    immediate images required
    later. eating.
Add Comment