User Avatar Image

Paleontology

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users
In here we can talk about the latest discoveries and and or Fossil talk.
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When I was a kid I wanted to be a palaeontologist. I actually work in a shoe shop, not exactly the next best thing.

I still find myself feeling stupidly excited when a new species of dinosaur is discovered.
  • I wanted to be a paleontologist as a kid too. I read so many books and journal articles and stuff, spent hours and hours at the natural history museum, collected a gazillion little plastic dinosaurs, and went to an allosaurus dig in Utah.

Then, I realized that a huge part of paleontology meant standing around in the hot sun all day finding nothing and decided my interests lay more in a dark, cool lab.:D
  • Alcoremortis;328966 said:
    I wanted to be a paleontologist as a kid too. I read so many books and journal articles and stuff, spent hours and hours at the natural history museum, collected a gazillion little plastic dinosaurs, and went to an allosaurus dig in Utah.

Then, I realized that a huge part of paleontology meant standing around in the hot sun all day finding nothing and decided my interests lay more in a dark, cool lab.:D
    See I love the desert, and I love the lab, so really wouldn't bother me, what I'm going to do.
  • Icedhope;328995 said:
    See I love the desert, and I love the lab, so really wouldn't bother me, what I'm going to do.
    I live in the desert (sorta) and don't really like spending any time outside because I burn really easily. I'm practically translucent. I would probably like it more if I could stay outside for more than twenty minutes without turning pink.:p
  • I used to get a dinosaur magazine that came with bones that you had to piece together over weeks. It was awesome.

Felt like a paleontologist right there.
  • I wanted to be a paleontologist, but then I realized I didn't know that much about dinosaurs, and it'd involve physical labor... :D
  • The question should be who DIDNT want to be a paleontologist ?
  • Astro Gnocci;333264 said:
    The question should be who DIDNT want to be a paleontologist ?
    Exactly. Maybe those who wanted to be a cop or a fireman :D
  • i wanted to be a pirate cop paleonto/archeolologist with a cowboy hat.
    Or something like that.
  • I'm pretty sure it was a Fedora.
Add Comment