User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 3 - "They Stole Max's Brain!"

posted by ttg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 9.3K users
Hey, all. Mike Stemmle here.

With Episode 303 making the final turn before hitting the virtual streets, now seems like a good time for a "members only"* thread in which Joe Pinney and I open up the floor to a few questions about the episode.

What can I tell y'all about this ep? It's got:

- Sam as you've never seen him!
- Max taking charge of an investigation!
- Hot Ape-on-Cockroach action!
- More rhinoplastying than you can shake a stick at!
- Sam's surprising new partner!

Consider the floodgates open,
Mike "Finishing 304 as I Type" Stemmle

* We should have jackets!
375 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd at least wait until it's July...
  • NeatNit;334292 said:
    I'd at least wait until it's July...
    no way!
  • mynoduesP;332184 said:

I mean, I've gotten stuck on 303, 302, AND 301, which most others here seem to deride as a cake walk.
    Consider yourself lucky. I would kill to be stuck in these games, that would mean they'd last longer! Like the old Sierra games I played as a kid, it was delightful to spend weeks, even months to beat those games.
  • The only puzzle I consulted a guide for was the end of 302 because I didn't know that the torches were clickable, haha. I got stuck in the middle of 303 for a similar reason, not knowing the corn dogs were clickable (I never approached them and they weren't clickable from a distance), but everything fell in place as soon as I realized that I could.

I actually like the difficulty level, though. It may be relatively easy, but it flows really well. There's nothing so completely frustrating that would make you want to put it down and take a break, nothing so incredibly easy that it becomes boring (I still feel that sensation of joy that you get when you finally put everything together), and no completely illogical puzzles that are difficult to figure out unless you're willing to use everything with everything. It would be nice to have some more difficult puzzles to greater challenge our not-so-psychically-gifted minds, but I'm content with how things work as they do currently.
  • Hungryfreak;334443 said:
    The only puzzle I consulted a guide for was the end of 302 because I didn't know that the torches were clickable, haha.
    Same thing here, except I just checked a thread that I saw before I even got to download the game.
    (Steam's late release)
  • Mr Nutt;331956 said:
    Is it me or Sal's voice sounds familiar.
    I think he sounded a bit like Elaine's on-and-off boyfriend Puddy in the series Seinfeld.
  • caeska;334391 said:
    Consider yourself lucky. I would kill to be stuck in these games, that would mean they'd last longer! Like the old Sierra games I played as a kid, it was delightful to spend weeks, even months to beat those games.
    I agree, since I like a game to last a while. I took four days on this episode 'cause I didn't want to reach the end too soon!
  • I only finished the episode yesterday - took my time over it and in the end, cliffhanger did not make me want the next episode as much as before.
  • I took my time with it too, nice to play it over a few days. Just finished it in fact a few minutes ago, now I can read the Sam & Max forum again! Still can't wait for episode 4 mind.
Add Comment